Elegantly styled hairstyles can gear you up for any occasion. However, high-heat from blow dryers, flat irons, and hair curlers can permanently damage your hair. Moreover, exposure to sun and pollution can further damage your hair, making it dry and unruly. It is important to take preventive measures to keep your hair sheen intact and save it from any long-lasting harm.
Tips for styling your hair safely
- Give your hair a towel-dry after a shower or bath. Vigorously rubbing your hair can also cause damage to your hair. Removing excess water from your hair before blow drying it, will help to maintain moisture in your hair.
- When using a blow dryer, try to keep the dryer at a safe distance. Dry your hair from roots to the ends for well-protected hair, and also, try to move your blow-dryer constantly to avoid directing heat at a single spot.
- Try to avoid brushing when your hair is wet, instead, use a wide-tooth comb, to gently detangle your hairs. Run the comb through the ends, and then shift it to your middle portion, until the whole length is untangled.
- Excessive brushing can harm your hair and strip your hair of its natural oils resulting in dry hair and split ends. Keep brushing to a minimum, enough to keep your hair neat and shiny. It is a good idea to brush your hair before sleeping as it will improve blood circulation, and also serve as a relaxing head massage.
- Sectioning your hair before straightening it, will eliminate the possibility of unnecessary re-ironing your hairs. By sectioning your hair, you will be able, to easily track your progress and avoid applying the heat on the same hair again and again.
- Always invest in good hair styling products for styling your hair. Cheap products with unsuitable ingredients may result in harming your hair and ultimately damage them. Understanding your hair type will greatly help to choose the right products.
- Using heat-styling products on your wet hair can lead to steam damage. It boils the moisture on the hair shaft making it lose its smoothness. Applying heat directly on the wet surface makes your hair rough and cracks the smooth walls of the medulla on your hair.
- When using hair straighteners always comb directly in front of the flat iron as you pull the straightener down your hair. Not combing, while straightening your hair causes hair breakage.
- Try to prep your hair with a heat protection product to curtail any damage from heat-styling. It will ensure that your hair does not lose its moisture and vitality in the styling process. To provide seamless protection for every hair, use a wide-tooth comb, to evenly distribute the product on your wet hair.
- Straightening your hair can cause your hair cells to burn. Replace your flat irons as soon as you see the signs of any accumulated damage.
- Use medium-heat setting on hair dryer, flat irons, or hair curlers to save your hair from excessive heat.
- Pulling your hair strongly in tight ponytails, braids, or hair extensions can cause tension in your hair that leads to breakage. If, you regularly tie your hair in taut hairstyles, try to free them whenever you can, to curb any damage.
- Use a hairspray from a safe distance, so that it can be evenly distributed on your hair. Also, quality hair sprays such as Sexy Hair Soy Touchable Weightless Hair Spray may help you to hold your hair without harming them.
- Try to indulge in deep-conditioning treatment once a week to hydrate your stressed hairs and prevent permanent hair damage.
- Use hair accessories that don't break or damage your hair. The best accessories are those that are covered with fabric. Metal accessories can break your hair shaft and cause loss of your hair.
- It is important, to remove any pins or clips from your hair before going to bed. The metal can harm your scalp and break your hair shaft.
These styling tips will go a long way to protect your hair, and keep it healthy and radiant for longer.