The rate of heart conditions is increasing at an alarming rate due to a sedentary lifestyle, improper eating habits, and rising stress levels due to personal and work pressure. The best prevention against heart disease is to understand the underlying risks and make simple changes in your everyday life to prevent it in the future.
Healthy tips for a better heart condition
- Exercise regularly for at least 30 minutes a day to reduce the risk of inviting a heart disease. Simple exercises such as brisk walking, cycling, aerobics, or swimming will help your heart significantly. Fit in the exercises where ever you can, like taking a cycle to work or climbing stairs instead of taking the elevator.
- Smoking or consuming tobacco is hazardous for your health. Harmful substances present in the tobacco puts strain on your heart. Giving up smoking or cutting it back will benefit your heart considerably and will reduce the risk of a heart attack in your body. It will help to make a huge difference in your overall health.
- Try to keep the middle portion of your body as fit as possible. If you experience excess weight around your middle portion, try to do exercises that concentrate on that area. Carrying too much weight around your middle gives rise to heart problems such as blood pressure and blood lipids.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are very essential for the proper functioning of the heart. Oily fishes are considered to be an excellent source of the much-needed omega-3 nutrients in our body. Consuming oily fishes such as salmon, tuna, sardines, or herring raise the omega levels in your body and reduce the risk of heart conditions.
- Practicing yoga on a regular basis has been proven beneficial for heart rate variability (HRV). It also relaxes your mind and de-stress your body, aiding in the overall health of the body.
- Cutting back the salt in your diet can help to reduce a number of heart conditions such as coronary heart disease. High salt is also the chief culprit behind blood pressure problems. Restaurant-food and processed foods contain the highest amount of salt, so if possible, opt for healthy homemade food instead of consuming outside food.
- Sitting at a fixed place for long periods of time can put an unhealthy influence on your body sugar and body fats. When sitting at your office desk, try to go for short strolls and keep moving around in the office area after every hour.
- Getting yourself physically examined after regular intervals in very necessary, especially after a certain age. Try to keep an eye on your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels by taking regular medical tests. It will help you to take precautionary measures against any heart conditions.
- Eat healthy food to maintain the health of your heart. Try to include nuts, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, berries, oats, whole grains, and olive oil in your diet to fortify your body with the essential vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates for efficient functioning of your heart.
- Try to reduce stress and tension by indulging in relaxing activities such as yoga or meditation. A healthy mind promotes a healthy body.
- Try to manage a healthy weight. Cut back the fats, unhealthy carbohydrates, and do regular exercises to keep your weight at optimum levels. Excess weight puts a strain on your heart and encourages incidences of heart conditions.
- You can also consider taking heart supplements such as PomeMax Pure High Strength Pomegranate Extract, or Bioconcepts Red Krill Oil to boost the health of your heart. These supplements might not only help to support a healthy heart, but also promote the overall well-being of the body.