Cardiovascular is not a single condition, but is used to describe a group of conditions that affect the working of the heart and blood vessels in your body. There are many cardiovascular diseases ranging from heart stroke, heart failure, peripheral vascular disease to heart attack. As each condition has its distinct set of symptoms, a common list of symptoms can help you to understand the major complications behind cardiovascular diseases.
Common symptoms of cardiovascular disease
If you or your loved one is regularly experiencing one or a combination of the below mentioned symptoms, consult your doctor immediately.
- Loss of appetite or nausea
- Extreme tiredness or fatigue
- Irregular pulse rate or heartbeats
- Uncomfortable pressure or chest pain in the centre of the chest that does not get relieved even after taking proper rest
- Shortness of breath while carrying out your regular activities
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Changes in sleep pattern
- Passing out or unconsciousness
Lifestyle risk factors that can prevent cardiovascular symptoms
Smoking: Tobacco found in most cigarettes gets into your bloodstream and inflict a major damage on your blood vessels and various important parts of your body. It increases the risk of a stroke and other lung diseases such as lung cancer. Quitting the habit of smoking can be one of the most beneficial things to boost your health. If you regularly smoke, even cutting back a little can boost your chances of lowered health risk.
Sedentary lifestyle: Individuals who follow a healthy lifestyle and include regular exercises in their daily regime are at a lower risk of developing any form of cardiovascular disease. To gain positive health benefits, a thirty-minute moderate workout is proven beneficial. Brisk walking, cycling, swimming, or yoga can greatly contribute towards a healthy body. It does not matter what form of exercise you do, till the time you do it on a regular basis.
Excess weight: Healthy wealth can lower your chances of having any type of diseases, including cardiovascular diseases. Maintaining an optimal weight level not only prevents any future diseases, but also helps to fight off your present diseases. A combination of a healthy diet and regular exercises is the key to achieving your optimal weight. Having excess weight around your midsection is considered harmful and increases the risk of cardiovascular disease. Doing exercises that focus on your midsection can help to keep all the forms of heart diseases at bay.
Unhealthy diet: Unhealthy diet is the root cause of many cardiovascular disease symptoms. Eating a healthy diet not only helps to control your weight problems, but also helps to manage cholesterol levels. Eating processed foods and junk food is the chief culprit behind many heart diseases. Avoiding such foods can help you keep a healthy heart and healthier you. If possible, try to follow the below measures to support the well-being of your heart:
- Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet
- Whole grains, legumes, cereals, rice can help prevent many heart diseases
- Swap red meat for leaner cuts of meat or eat poultry such as chicken
- While frying, try to trade your normal oils with healthier oils such as olive oil or sunflower oil.
- Include fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines, or mackerel in your weekly diet. As these fishes are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, it will help to strengthen your heart.
- Limit the intake of salt in your daily diet. Before buying store-bought foods, try to check their nutritional components and the amount of the salt present in them.
- Reduce the intake of saturated fats and trans fats as much as possible
Regular body check-ups can help you to keep an eye on your blood sugar, cholesterol levels, and blood pressure. As most cardiovascular diseases do not produce any immediate symptoms, not knowing your heart health can prove to be fatal. After a certain age, it becomes very important to get yourself physically examined for probable symptoms of heart disease.
If you desire to take precautionary measures to protect your health, you can consider taking various health supplements. Medicines such as Healthaid Ginger Root Extract, or HealthAid Omega Capsules may make your heart stronger,and help to maintain your overall health.