Experience the art of baby-smooth skin with Braun. With Braun Series 7 epilators you will finally have fresh and smooth skin that lasts for weeks without you having to worry about hair growth happening any time soon. Read on for more information on how you can make your Braun Series 7 experiences even more fulfilling and the results delightfully soft.
Braun’s Silk-epil Xpressive wins the 2009 red dot product design award.
The Silk epil Xpressive – predecessor of the latest new generation Silk epil 7 Xpressive Pro epilator – convinced the internationally renowned jury of independent experts in the red dot design award competition. The state-of-the-art epilator wins the prize in the category "Product Design".
The red dot design award
Since 1955, the Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen in Essen, Germany, distinguishes internationally outstanding product design with its famous red dot. Over more than 50 years, the red dot award has become one of the – if not THE – world’s most coveted quality seals for design. This was reflected in 2009 by a total of 3,231 products submitted for the competition by more than 1,400 companies from 49 countries.
5 Steps to Excellent Expilation
From special tricks for each part of the body to super smooth skin, the art of epilating has evolved. Are you getting your best performance?
1. Epilating works best when your skin is soft, so it's advisable to take a bath or shower before and afterwards, and ensure you are completely dry before you begin. Also, you might find your skin is slightly red afterwards, so it’s best to epilate the night before a big night out, rather than the same evening.
2. Applying creams or lotions to the skin before epilating can make it difficult for the tweezers to grab the hairs - Silk-epil 7 Xpressive Pro has been developed with pre-epilation wipes which cool and soften the skin prior to epilation, reducing pain and delivering a great skin feeling.
3. Rub the skin before you begin to lift the shortest hairs into an ‘upright’ position and give them a better chance of being ‘grabbed’ by the epilator.
4. Run the epilator in an upward motion, against the direction of hair growth. If needed you can also change the epilation direction to ensure an even smoother finish. When you get to your knee, stretch it out straight.
5. To soothe your skin and create a really sleek, smooth look and feel, apply a body cream after epilating.
The finishing touches
So, now that you’ve got the hair removal finished, how do you make the most of that sleek, smooth new skin you’ve revealed? We can help.
Skin will only look ultra-smooth if it can trap in as much moisture as possible, so it’s important to exfoliate skin with a body scrub once a week. Remember the exfoliating action continues as you rub your skin to rinse away the grains, so make sure you spend a good few minutes in the shower rinsing off.
The quickest way to lock moisture into your skin? With a body oil, applied within 5 minutes of getting out of the shower. Not only will an oil keep your skin beautifully hydrated, it will add a gorgeous sheen to your skin, too. A body lotion is a great alternative.
Pay particular attention to dry areas like elbows, knees and heels when you’re exfoliating. Even if the rest of your body is super-smooth, the sight of any dry, cracked or flaky skin will do nothing for the overall impression of sleek, sexy skin.
If your skin looks dull and you’re going out, reach for a body lotion with a hint of sparkle – it will hydrate your skin and also ‘lift’ your skin tone, catching the light and giving the impression of soft, healthy skin (shimmering body lotions look particularly lovely on tanned skin, too).
Smooth skin must-haves:
A grainy body scrub – it’s essential to exfoliate in order to keep your cell turnover working like clockwork, creating healthy skin that looks sleek.
A delicious body oil, lotion or cream – anything that’s going to trap that essential moisture in your skin is a must-have – and oils also have the advantage of giving skin that gorgeous glossy look.
A body wash which replaces the moisture that washing rinses away.
A healthy glow, achieved with tanning products or shimmery body lotions – great for giving skin a healthy, sun kissed glow.
Check out our range of Braun Series 7 Silk-Epil Epilators!