Our digestive system needs enzymes to absorb nutrients from the food we eat. Digestive enzymes help break down food components and release nutrients for energy production, cell growth, and cell repair. Without the presence of enzymes, our body will not be able to absorb any nutrients, irrespective of the food we take. A hectic and unhealthy lifestyle contributes to the depletion of these precious enzymes from our body. Also, an increase in your consumption of processed, fried, frozen, baked and microwaved foods results in an inadequate production of enzymes. As a result, a plethora of digestive problems such as constipation, gas, heartburn, fatigue, weight gain, and bloating manifest in our body.
Deficiency of digestive enzymes
Digestive enzymes play a vital role in aiding a healthy digestive system and maintaining the overall health of the body. When you have a deficiency of enzymes, your body will not be able to send nutrients to your bloodstream, organs, and cells. A deficiency in the production and release, or function, of the digestive enzymes can lead to a variety of health problems such as:
When do you need to take digestive enzymes supplements?
The ability to digest food properly is significant for your body, and it depends on the overall efficiency of your pancreases in producing adequate digestive enzymes. You may need to take enzymes supplements in the following circumstances:
- If your body is low on minerals such as iron or magnesium that aid in promoting digestion. Any signs of vitamin deficiency can also disturb the production of healthy enzymes in your body.
- If you often notice undigested food in your stool, you should consider taking supplements since your body is not breaking down food properly.
- Diseases such as cystic fibrosis can also result in an insufficient production enzymes.
- Bloating after eating meals is a common indicator that your body is unable to digest food properly. Taking supplements such as Bioconcepts Digestive Enzyme with Aloe Vera will gently ease the symptoms of discomfort in an effective, yet natural way.
- Our body consumes enzymes faster in extreme hot and cold weather conditions, during rigorous exercises and when we are ill. In such situations, we can replenish depleted levels by taking supplements.
- As we age, our body does not respond effectively to the food we take, and it results in a slower digestive process. Elderly people can benefit from digestive enzyme supplements.