Whether you decide to breast or bottle feed, feeding your baby is completely down to personal choice. Some mums enjoy the maternal bonding they receive from breast feeding and breast milk is known to be nutritious and beneficial to their baby’s health. On the other hand, bottle feeding allows baby to be fed anywhere at any time, even if mum isn’t present and also allows dad to get involved and bond.
Thankfully, Tommee Tippee provides everything you could possibly need for both breast and bottle feeding to make the experience easy and hassle-free. Here are some tips that you can also follow to ensure your baby gets the best out of their feed.
- Make sure you’re in the most comfortable position before you start breastfeeding; you could be there for a while and if you’re uncomfortable your baby will be to.
- Take this opportunity to bond with your baby; skin-to-skin contact, eye contact, enjoy the experience and even talk or sing to your baby while breastfeeding.
- Try to hold baby at a 45° angle so their bottom is on your lap as this will reduce the amount of air consumed while feeding.
To make the breastfeeding experience as easy and comfortable as possible, Tommee Tippee has everything you need like Breast Pumps, Breast Pads and Nipple Shields.
- Always make sure the bottle is held so that the teat is full of milk; if the bottle is held too flat then your baby could end up ingesting air.
- Check them temperature of the milk before feeding to your baby by squirting a few drops onto your hand and the milk should be at body temperature.
- Don’t mix formula and breast milk as breast milk can be kept and formula milk must be discarded soon after preparation, so don’t end up wasting any!
- Don’t use bottles that are worn, scuffed or scratched. Always inspect bottles after each feed to look out for signs of wear and tear.
- Always discard unused milk after baby has finished feeding.
- Don’t heat bottles in a microwave, as it could destroy nutrients in the milk. Instead, use a Tommee Tippee Steriliser for fast and hassle-free feeding.
Tommee Tippee has everything you could possibly need to keep your bottle feeding process as clean, germ-free and simple as possible. They provide all of your essentials like Baby Bottles and Sterilisers to accessories like Bottle Brushes and Milk Storage. All of their bottles are BPA free and their teats offer a Closer to Nature feel that mimics breastfeeding in the closest possible way.