Grade 1 haemorrhoids can be treated symptomatically. Typical conservative treatments for hemorrhoids include:
- Increased intake of dietary fibre-rich foods
- Increasing intake of oral fluids (not including coffee and soda drinks) to maintain hydration
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Sitz baths (Also known as hip bath, is a bath in which a person sits in warm water up to the hips. It used to relieve pain and discomfort of the lower half of the body.)
- Avoiding spicy food (helps to prevent anal itching)
- Body weight (may help reduce the incidence and severity of hemorrhoids in some cases)
Of all the treatments, increased fibre intake has shown the most improvement in hemorrhoids cases. While major evidence of the effectiveness of sitz baths is still lacking, if they are used to bring any relief from pain they should be limited to not more than 15 minutes at a time. Steroid containing agents should not be used for more than 14 days as they may cause a thinning of the skin, and thus worsen the condition.
Did you know that 50% of hemorrhoid cases can be treated with over the counter medications?
At Chemist Direct we offer you a wide range of products to help you treat hemorrhoids. Anusol is one such brand of medication that can be used to treat hemorrhoids and is known for its effective creams, ointments, and suppository treatments. It contains a number of healing ingredients which are used for the relief of hemorrhoid symptoms and other local skin irritations in the anal area.
- Soothes and eases the burning sensation
- Reduces swelling of hemorrhoid tissues
- Relieves pain with a topical anaesthetic
Anusol is available as rectal cream, ointment, and suppository. Anusol ointment and suppositories also contains bismuth subgallate, which has antiseptic, protective and astringent properties. Because Anusol suppositories are inserted into the rectum they are more suitable for the treatment of internal piles, while Anusol cream and ointment may be used for the relief of both internal and external piles.
In short, What is Anusol used for?
- Hemorrhoid treatment
- Inflammation of the rectum
- Itching around the anus
- Tear in the lining of the anus