Before using Acamprosate it's important that you are aware of all the possible side effects. The following is not the complete list of all the possible side effects of Acamprosate. For complete information on all possible side effects consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice. If you notice any additional effects that have not been listed here, contact your doctor or pharmacist right away.
Most people do not experience any side effects, but if you notice any of these side effects continue for long or get worse, you should inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Other more serious side effects to be mindful of are:
- Mental and mood changes like severe depression or suicidal thoughts
- Vision or hearing changes
- Increased thirst
- Quickened or pounding heartbeats
- Changes in the amount of urine
- Persistent stomach pain
- Black/tarry stools
- Vomit with a ground coffee like consistency
Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur.
Signs of serious allergic reactions include:
- Itching and swelling in the face, tongue, and throat
- Severe dizziness
- Difficulty breathing