Grannies used to say things like ‘If you go out like that, you’ll catch a chill’. It just shows grannies don’t know everything.Actually, it’s all the time we spend indoors in winter that does the damage. Cold viruses like central heating just as much as we do. Because they're viruses, we can't fight back with antibiotics. But even so, we can still do a lot to alleviate symptoms such as aches and congestion by using remedies like Olbas to help to keep going, despite having a cold.
Did you know:
- There are over 200 different cold viruses, and no vaccination against any of them.
- Younger people are more likely to suffer with colds (probably because they spend so much time with other young people). The more contact with others, the greater the likelihood of coming into contact with a virus.
- 6 out of 10 adults report a cold during any one year.
- Women are more likely to catch a cold, possibly because they spend more time with children.
- Colds are often spread by sneezing or by direct contact, such as shaking hands.