Oilatum products address the skincare needs of babies with dry skin or eczema conditions. This specialist skincare range of repair creams, treatments, and bath formulas is gentle on the skin and can be used to help soothe symptoms of dry skin and eczema in babies, children, and adults. These products will soothe and moisturise your child’s skin so that he doesn’t need to feel discomfort.
Like adults, babies can also get dry skin and eczema. Baby Eczema is also called infant eczema or atopic dermatitis. It appears in about 10% to 15% of babies between the ages of two and four months.
Symptoms of this skin condition are patches of red skin accompanied by itchiness, dryness, and rough skin texture on the face, behind the ears, in the creases of the neck, or on the knees and elbows.
Infant eczema usually happens when there is a history of eczema, asthma, or hay fever in the family. Studies show that eczema affects one in five children in the UK. It can be easy to confuse infant eczema with cradle cap.
However, while cradle cap also appears on the scalp, sides of the nose, eyelids, eyebrows, and behind the ears, it usually clears by 8 months. Because a baby’s skin is so delicate, it is even more prone to eczema due to changes in the temperature, dry air from indoor heating or cooling, and certain skincare products.
Children that are prone to dry skin usually break out in dry, reddish patches during the summer months because of factors like extra hours of sun exposure, salt water from the beach, and chlorine from the pool.
Products from Oilatum will help you care for such cases of eczema and dry skin. Here’s why:
- Suitable for babies and children
- Specially formulated to moisturise and rehydrate the skin
- Filled with skin nourishing moisturisers and minerals oils that support the natural moisture barrier of the skin
- Protects the skin from drying out especially during summer months because it leaves a thin layer of mineral oil on the skin that seals the moisture and restores healthy moisture levels
- Treats the whole body not just the affected areas
- Is fragrance-free
- Creams are especially effective when applied after washing
- Suitable for all skin types