Due to unprecedented demand, orders are taking slightly longer to process. Find out more

Corsodyl for gum disease

What is gum disease?

Healthy teeth depend on healthy gums. At present, gum disease is a problem for an estimated half of UK adults. The gums protect the base of the teeth where connective tissues anchor the bone. If the gums are not properly cared for it could lead to gum disease, which if left untreated can result in tooth loss.

Gum disease takes two forms: gingivitis and periodontitis. Gingivitis occurs when bacteria collects in the pockets around the gum line and causes inflammation. Symptoms of this condition are bleeding when brushing your teeth and continuous bad breath. When gingivitis is left untreated the inflammation can corrupt the connective tissue and bone leading to the gum disease called periodontitis. 70% of all gum disease is because of gingivitis and the other 30% is because of periodontitis.


Symptoms of gum disease include:

  • receding gums
  • visible pockets of inflammation along the gum line
  • gum pain
  • unusual sensitivity to temperature changes

What can I do?

Thankfully, there are ways you can keep your gums healthy. Often the best way to care for your gums is to practice good oral hygiene and visit your dentist for regular check-ups, if necessary. Your dentist may suggest you use an antiseptic mouthwash to help cleanse the gum line of bacteria and promote better oral health.

Corsodyl treatments like mint mouthwashes, dental gels, and toothpastes all contain the active ingredient chlorhexidine digluconate which is clinically proven to fight off plaque and bacteria that cause gum disease. These products help attack and destroy the cause of gum irritation, plaque bacteria, and create a protective layer over the teeth and gums. This layer lasts for up to 12 hours and prevents the build-up of plaque.

x

Our website uses cookies so that we can make your shopping experience as simple and enjoyable as possible. You can read all about how we use them in our Cookies Policy. To accept this you don't need to do anything just carry on shopping, have fun. Close