Organic Green tea has been regularly named as the healthiest beverage you could possibly find, mainly because it's loaded with powerful antioxidants and nutrients. Its health benefits have been recognised for thousands of years, originating from Ancient China and it is now consumed across the globe for its multitude of health benefits ? and here are the top 10!
1. Improving brain function: Organic†Green tea may not contain as much caffeine as coffee, but it contains enough to wake you up, improve your mood and enhance your reaction time and memory. Not only that, but it also contains the amino acid L-theanine, which works alongside caffeine to give you stable energy and make you more productive.
2. Enhancing fat burning & physical performance: Green tea is often a key ingredient for fat burning supplements, as it can increase fat oxidation and boost metabolism. Its caffeine content can also enhance physical performance by mobilising fatty acids from fat tissues and making them available for energy use.
3. Protecting your brain in old age: Not only can green tea have the ability to improve brain function in the short term, but it can also prevent cognitive decline in old age. Its bioactive compounds can have various positive effects on neurons.
4. Lowering your risk of infections: Catechins within green tea can kill bacteria. Stopping the growth of certain bacteria and viruses can lower the risk of infections and help to keep us generally healthy.
5. Improving dental health: These catechins can also inhibit the growth of streptococcus, which is a leading factor in plaque formation, cavities and tooth decay. Drinking green tea has also often been associated with improving bad breath, destroying bacteria related to throat infections and a general improvement in dental health.
6. Relaxes your entire body: Recent studies prove that sipping green tea helps your body to slow down and relax. The natural chemical, theanine, in green tea is proven to have a calming effect which keeps the energy in your body stable and balances your blood sugar levels. Drinking green tea on a daily basis is said to help prevent sudden blood sugar rises and falls which cause fatigue, irritability, and junk food cravings.
7. Improves your skin quality and tone: Green tea appears to be 200 times more powerful than vitamin E at healing the skin and ridding it of skin-damaging free radicals. Free radicals cause damage to the skin cells and cause wrinkling and ageing.
8. Prevents cholesterol buildup: According to research, green tea could help to prevent cholesterol buildup in the arteries and protect from cardiovascular disease.
9. Kills free radicals in the body: Green tea contains potent antioxidant qualities that help to protect the body from serious chronic illnesses like diabetes, cancer, and arthritis.
10. Helps you live longer: While we all die eventually, green tea helps to lower your risk of diseases that cause premature death. In one study, 40,530 Japanese adults who drank 5 or more cups of green tea every day were less likely to die during an 11 year time span.