It seems that over the decades, the list of garlic’s health benefits is always growing and growing. Their cloves are now full to the brim with amazing little surprises that will keep you in excellent shape from head to toe! We’ve put together some of our favourite gems that everyone needs to know are hidden within garlic.
1. Garlic can give you clearer skin: It’s not a conventional ingredient in your acne treatments, but garlic is a great natural remedy for clearing acne and skin blemishes. This is thanks to its powerful compound called allicin, which puts garlic among the most antioxidant-rich foods on earth. Its antioxidants will therefore kill bacteria that are causing skin blemishes.
2. Garlic can help you grow beautiful hair: Again, garlic’s high levels of allicin could help you put a stop your hair loss problems. This sulphur compound is similar to that found in onions and has been noted to effectively treat hair loss and promote healthy hair growth.
3. Garlic can help to treat and prevent the common cold: Regular consumption of garlic in some form will give your immune system a consistent boost, thanks to the fact that garlic is packed full of antioxidants.
4. Garlic could help to soothe psoriasis: Garlic contains proven anti-inflammatory properties that you could find useful for soothing and relieving the discomfort of psoriasis outbreaks.
5. Control your weight with garlic: Alongside all of these great benefits, garlic could also help you to slim down and control your weight. Studies have shown that people with garlic in their diets are able to reduce weight and fat stores.
6. Garlic can help remove splinters: This one is particularly surprising! Apparently, placing a small piece of garlic over the splinter and covering it can act as a great natural remedy for removing them.
7. Treating athlete’s foot with garlic: Filled with anti-fungal properties, garlic could also be a great natural way of relieving athlete’s foot and associated itching and irritation.
8. Garlic can keep mosquitos at bay: It’s not just vampires that don’t like garlic; apparently mosquitos don’t like it either! Although scientists aren’t quite sure why, a garlic concoction can help to keep away annoying mosquitos in order to save you from bites.
9. Heal wounds faster with garlic: Garlic has been used for decades for its healing properties and has often been applied straight to wounds to help speed up the healing process.
10. Conquer your cold sore with garlic: Garlic has recently become a popular natural home remedy for cold sores thanks to its healing abilities and natural anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce pain and swelling.