The menopause- what is it and what are the treatment options?
As you enter the menopause, you may experience a rollercoaster of bodily and psychological changes, which are caused by shifting hormones as your body enters the next natural cycle in the female reproductive journey. Symptoms that are commonly associated with the menopause, such as hot flushes, night sweats, anxiety and insomnia can be prevalent, not to mention unbearable! Many women will be prescribed hormone replacement therapy (HRT), unaware that there are alternative natural routes to investigate and explore. A survey* carried out on over 500 women found that 95% of women felt it is important to have a choice between HRT and natural remedies with 65% preferring a natural treatment.
Find your plant-based alternative, increase your Phytoestrogens and feel ‘you’ again!
Phytoestrogens are compounds that occur naturally in plants and mimic the body’s own natural oestrogens. Studies have shown that they can reduce hot flushes significantly and may also slow down the bone loss that can occur post menopause. Red Clover is one of the world’s oldest agricultural herbal extract crops, which is high in isoflavones (natural phytoestrogens). Red Clover isoflavones mimic the action of oestrogen and are widely used by women to maintain their health and vitality especially during the time of menopause. Red Clover contains twice as many types of isoflavones and in higher concentrations than soya.
Which Red Clover supplement is right for me?
Promensil are experts in adopting a natural approach to the menopause and offer a scientifically researched range without the need for prescriptions, patches, or synthetic hormones.
Try a natural approach with Promensil supplements that engrains a plant-based philosophy at the core.
- Guaranteed Plant Purity: Promensil is backed by over 20 years of scientific research and uses only a standardised patented extraction process to guarantee purity and quantity of Red Clover isoflavones.
- High Strength: Unlike other Red Clover supplements, Promensil uses high-strength optimum levels of Red Clover isoflavones, proven to be more effective than other lower doses, enabling higher bioavailability.
- Standardised Isoflavones: Promensil choses to use only Red Clover Isoflavones that are consistent in their levels of phytoestrogens. These work to help balance female hormones naturally through mimicking the action of oestrogen in the body, which in turn help support women during the menopause.
- Scientific Research: There are many herbal formulas that claim to ease menopausal symptoms naturally, but Promensil is the only menopause supplement backed by over 20 years of scientific research with proven effectiveness on helping menopausal women.
- One-a-day for longevity: Promensil supplement range has been developed to be taken once a day to target specific stages of the menopause so you can be supported from the onset of the menopause and throughout.
- Vegan and Vegetarian: Our best-selling Double Strength and Original formulations (30/60s) are suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians and our Post-Menopause formulation (30s) is suitable for Vegetarians. Find out more about each of our products below.
- No Hormones: Many other menopause management support options and prescriptions are synthetic. Promensil’s plant-based supplements offer a natural alternative to managing your menopause.
Which Red Clover supplement is right for me?
When you are starting to experience heightened menopause symptoms or are in the early stages of the menopause or perimenopause, chose Promensil Double Strength. It contains 80mg of standardised red clover isoflavones to give women extra dietary support when menopause symptoms first manifest and can be at their worst.
When you wish to manage your menopause symptoms chose Promensil Original as it contains 40mg of standardised red clover isoflavones to maintain support throughout the menopause as symptoms gradually decrease.
After the Menopause, chose Promensil Post Menopause. It contains 40mg of standardised red clover isoflavones as well as added Vitamin D and Calcium to support bone health. Promensil Post Menopause can be taken for as long as needed.
When you have a hot flush and want instant relief? Chose Promensil Cooling Spray (75ml) as its purposely formulated using rapid evaporation technology to instantly reduce hot flushes and night sweats. This clinically approved pump-action cooling spray draws heat away from the skin, quickly and effectively reducing skin temperature and redness. During a hot flush or night sweat, simply lightly spray the chest and neck area. Allow spray to evaporate and cool. Re-apply as needed.
*Menopause survey conducted by PharmaCare 2013