Exorex lotion is the most important product in the Exorex Management System providing relief from Psoriasis. It is a patented formulation containing a small amount of prepared coal tar (1% w/w) in a base of esterified essential fatty acids. The Exorex range including compatible moisturisers and cleansers is... Exorex lotion - exorex moisturising cream - exorex scalp moisturiser - exorex hair & body shampoo
When you begin using Exorex as suggested, the initial “treatment phase” can take 60 to 90 days. However, this can sometimes take longer. Remember no two sufferers are the same.
Exorex lotion is very easy to use and apply, it is quickly absorbed into the skin. It has a less strong odour than some conventional coal tar products. It is suitable for any age and the lotion can be diluted to suit individual requirements. It is recommended when using Exorex lotion for the first time to dilute the lotion with boiled water, which has been left to cool. You will not develop a resistance or immunity to exorex lotion. It has no known side-effects, and will not lead to thinning of the skin layers within the treated area.
Exorex moisurising cream - exorex scalp moisturiser: Once dry, they are colourless and odourless so no one need know that you are using them. They won’t stain your clothing, linens or skin and you can use them as often as needed.
Exorex hair & body shampoo has been carefully formulated to be friendly to Psoriasis sufferers. It gently cleanses without irritation and is fragrance and colourant free. The Exorex Management System can be used by people of all ages.
Diluting Exorex Lotion
Stronger is not necessarily better! Exorex lotion can be diluted to suit individual requirements. For your convenience you can make up a batch of diluted Lotion to last you up to a week at a time.
Note: Keep made up Lotion in a cool place - such as the door of the fridge (NOT the freezer). Discard any Lotion that is more than 7 days old and make up a fresh batch.
Dilution is recommended if:
- You have sensitive skin.
- You are a long term sufferer and have used topical steroids in the past.
- It is for use on children under the age of 12.
Suggested dilution programme
- 1st week of treatment - Dilute 1 part of Lotion with 5 parts of cooled boiled water (example: 1 tablespoon of Lotion with 5 tablespoons of water).
- 2nd week of treatment - Dilute 1 part of Lotion with 4 parts of cooled boiled water.
- 3rd week of treatment - Dilute 1 part of Lotion with 3 parts of cooled boiled water.
- 4th week of treatment - Dilute 1 part of Lotion with 2 parts of cooled boiled water.
- 5th week of treatment - Dilute 1 part of Lotion with 1 part of cooled boiled water.
- 6th week of treatment - Full strength Lotion with no dilution.
If you change from one dilution to the next (e.g. 1 to 4 changed to 1 to 3) and you find the new slightly stronger Lotion to be uncomfortable go back to 1 to 4 for another week before trying 1 to 3 the following week and so on.