Calprofen is a strawberry flavoured Ibruprofen Suspension for babies and childen. Help your little one feel better from a range of symptoms, including fever, teething and toothache, colds and flu, sore throat, headache and aches and pains.
Read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
This product is intended for use in children aged 3 months to 12 years.
Not recommended for children under 3 months.
- Dosage: For oral use. Shake the bottle well before use. A double ended spoon is provided to measure doses of 2.5 ml and 5 ml.
- Post-immunisation fever: One small spoonful (2.5 ml), followed by another small spoonful (2.5 ml) six hours later if necessary.
- Do not give more than 2 doses in 24 hours.
- If fever is not reduced you should consult your doctor.
For Pain and Fever Relief:
- Age: Babies under 3 months; Dose: Not recommended
- Age: 3 months - 6 months (weighing over 5 kg); Dose: One small (2.5 ml) spoonful may be taken 3 times in 24 hours
- Age: 6 months - 12 months; Dose: One small (2.5 ml) spoonful 3 times a day.
- Age: 1 year - 2 years; Dose: One small (2.5 ml) spoonful 3 to 4 times a day.
- Age: 3 years - 7 years; Dose: One large (5 ml) spoonful 3 to 4 times a day.
- Age: 8 years - 12 years; Dose: Two large (5 ml) spoonfuls 3 to 4 times a day.
Doses should usually be given every 6 - 8 hours, leave at least 4 hours between doses.
For short term use only.
Do not give to babies aged 3-5 months for more than 24 hours. Do not give to children aged 6 months and older for more than 3 days. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult your doctor promptly. Do not exceed the stated dose.
Do not give this product if your baby or child
- Has (or has had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding.
- Is allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers.
- Is taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75 mg.
Speak to a pharmacist or your doctor before giving this product if your baby or child
- Has or has had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems, or is dehydrated.
If you are an adult taking this product you should not take this product in the last 3 months of pregnancy and you should contact your doctor or pharmacist before taking it in the first 6 months of pregnancy, if you are trying to get pregnant, if you are elderly or if you are a smoker.
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN.
Each 5 ml Oral Suspension contains 100 mg Ibuprofen
Also contains: E965, E219 and E217