Through following Tips For Indigestion you will be able to greatly improve your eating habits and reduce irritations that are related to heart burns and indigestion. The following Tips For Indigestion will help to give you information on how to deal with digestion disorders that is results from various things like over eating, eating too fast, or eating food that is too spicy or greasy.
Medicines available from over the counter can relieve your symptoms almost immediately, but a change in lifestyle may be needed to reduce the frequency and severity of indigestion and heartburn. Try to determine what may be causing your indigestion. The simple answer is to cut this out of your lifestyle:
- Lose weight if you are overweight
- Avoid large fatty or spicy meals
- Eat small meals, more often
- Try not to eat just before bedtime
- Try to avoid drinking too much coffee or alcohol
- If you smoke, speak to your pharmacist about advice on stopping smoking
- Try to avoid stressful situations
- Avoid bending, lifting things or lying down soon after a meal as this can increase the chance of acid reflux
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothing as this can also put excess pressure on the stomach
- If you suffer from heartburn at night, raise the head of your bed by approximately 6 inches so you are sleeping on an incline.