Achieving strong, healthy and beautiful hair is simple and all you have to do is follow the right steps and take good care of your hair. Eating the right foods and using the right products for your hair's needs are essential, but there is more that you can do to attain strong and thick hair. So whether you're suffering from hair thinning or dull and fragile hair, here are some tips to keeping your hair in tip top condition!
1. A well balanced diet: eating right is essential for maintaining your hair's health and strength. Fruits and vegetables alongside nuts, brown rice, beans and pulses will ensure your tresses stay in excellent condition and helping it to avoid damage. Vitamins, iron and protein are essential and try to avoid caffeine and fizzy drinks from your diet to help you hair grow longer and stronger.
2. Using the right shampoo & conditioner for your hair type: every hair type is covered when it comes to picking the right products for you. From damaged hair and coloured hair to fine hair and greasy hair, make sure you select the right one and stick to it!
3. Avoiding sun damage: the sunshine throughout any season can have damaging effects on your hair by drying and fading colour. Find some products that contain sun protection, keep your hair well moisturised and stay away from peroxide, alcohol or lemon containing products to reduce and prevent sun damage.
4. Massaging your scalp: even if it's just a few minutes every day, massaging your scalp will stimulate blood circulation and remove dead skin cells in order to encourage your hair to grow.
5. Supplements: adding various supplements into your lifestyle could be an excellent way of maintaining your hair's health. If you feel you aren't eating enough foods that can look after your hair, then various vitamins like H -Pantoten, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, folic acids and multivitamins can induce hair growth and keep it in excellent condition.
6. Wash your hair with warm water: warm water is the optimum temperature for washing your hair. Hot water can cause similar damage to your as heat stylers and can also stimulate sebum production in the scalp, which can cause greasiness. The colder the water ? the better!
7. Regular haircuts: people often think that the longer they go without a haircut, the longer their hair will get. This is a misconception, as regular trims will get rid of split ends and encourages hair to look and feel healthier.
8. Avoiding heat: try to stay away from using too much heat on your hair. Heat will only strip your hair of moisture, which will leave it dry and easily damaged. Use a heat protection spray before hair dryers and heat stylers that will help to keep moisture locked into the hair to help it avoid damage.