Joint pain is a major concern for millions of people; it can affect one or more joints and can be caused by many types of injuries or conditions.
Common causes include but are not limited to:
- Unusual exertion or overuse, including strains and sprains.
- Injury, including fracture.
- Tendonitis (inflammation of a tendon).
- Bursitis (inflammation of the fluid filled sacs that cushion and pad the bony prominences of the joints, allowing the muscles and tendons to move freely over the bone).
Non severe arthritic symptoms:
The main symptoms of all forms of arthritis are stiffness, pain and restricted movement of the joints. Swelling, warmth and redness of the skin covering the joint may also occur. Pain relievers such as Anadin LiquiFast 200mg^, Anadin LiquiFast 400mg‡ and Anadin Joint Pain* are effective for this type of pain and are available from your pharmacy.
- Take a warm bath, which encourages relaxation.
- Apply ice or a cold pack to the joints if they are swollen or painful.
- Take gentle exercise to help avoid joint stiffness.
Always read the leaflet enclosed in the pack before use.
^ Contains Ibuprofen 200mg
‡ Contains Ibuprofen 400mg
* Contains Ibuprofen 200mg