Videne Antiseptic Solution is a proven solution for skin, mucous membrane and wound antiseptic. Solution gradually releases iodine to help destroy bacteria (incl. MRSA), fungi and some viruses. Its broad efficacy is combined with high tolerability to ensure safe use without impairing healing of wounds.
Videne Antiseptic Solution Benefits:
- For skin antisepsis, e.g. prior to surgery, catheterisation, injections and punctures
- For mucous membrane antiseptic, e.g. mouth, eye and genitals
- As antiseptic treatment for wounds, burns and infected skin
- High efficacy spectrum combined wiith high tolerability ensure safe use
- Performance of PVP Iodine confirmed in many studies and evaluations both in vitro and in practice
- Wide range of indications simplifies treatment protocols
- Allows skin delineation to indicate which skin areas are disinfected
- Povidone-Iodine USP 10%
- Effective as hand wash / scrub
How to use Videne Antiseptic Solution:
- Apply undiluted to the area to be operated on and thoroughly painted on using a gauze swab.
- The solution may be allowed to dry to forma protective film or may be removed using a sterile gauze swab.
Caution before using Videne Antiseptic Solution:
- Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Do not use if pregnant as iodine may be absorbed through the skin and may affect thyroid tests carried out on your baby.
- Do not use if breast feeding or on newborn babies.
- It must not be used on broken skin as alcohol could cause stinging.
- If you get this product in your eye, cleanse with a large quantity of water and seek medical attention.
- If swallowed, seek medical attention.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Possible side effects from using Videne Antiseptic Solution:
- Side effects are rare but may produce skin reactions in iodine-sensitive patients.
- These usually subside when the treatment is stopped.
Videne Antiseptic Solution contains:
Active ingredient Povidone-iodine 10% w/w (1% w/w available iodine). Other ingredients: Alkyl phenol ether sulphate (ammonium salt), glycerine B.P, citric acid, anhydrous sodium phosphate, purified water.