Panacur Cat & Dog 10% is a white oral suspension of fenbendazole. It is a ready-to-use oral anthelmintoc for the treatment of nematodes of the gastro-intenstinal and respiratory tracts in cats, dogs, kittens and puppies. It can also be used for the treatment of lungworms in dogs and also has an ovicidal effect on nematode eggs.
Pancur Cat & Dog 10% directions for use:
The dose should be mixed with feed, or administered orally directly after feeding.
Routine treatment of adult cats and dogs:
- 1 ml per 1 kg bodyweight as a single oral dose (= 100 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight).
- For dogs weighing over 64 kg, an extra 1 ml is required for each additional 1 kg bodyweight.
- Treatment should be repeated when natural reinfestation with parasitic worms occurs.
- Routine treatment of adult animals with minimal exposure to infection is advisable 2 to 4 times per year.
- More frequent treatment at 6 to 8 weekly intervals is advisable for dogs in kennels.
Puppies and kittens under six months of age:
- 0.5 ml per kg bodyweight daily for 3 consecutive days given by mouth after feeding to unweaned animals or mixed with food for weaned animals (= 50 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily for 3 days).
- For puppies weighing over 10 kg, an extra 0.5 ml is required daily for each additional kg bodyweight.
- Puppies should be treated at 2 weeks of age, 5 weeks of age and again before leaving the breeders' premises.
- Treatment may also be required at 8 and 12 weeks of age. Thereafter, frequency of treatment can be reduced unless the pups remain in kennels where reinfestation occurs more readily.
- 1 ml per 4 kg bodyweight daily from day 40 of pregnancy continuously to 2 days post-whelping (approximately 25 days) (= 25 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily).
- For dogs weighing over 40 kg, an extra 1 ml is required daily for each additional 4 kg bodyweight.
- As treatment of pregnant dogs is 98% effective, puppies from these dogs should themselves be treated with a three day course at 2 and 5 weeks of age.
- Pregnant cats can be safely treated with this product but only require a single treatment at the routine adult dose rate.
- Administer 1 ml per 1 kg bodyweight as a single dose (=100 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight).
Please refer to the enclosed leaflet for further instructions and advice.