Diabetes has been a noted disease for thousands of years. But it is the discovery of insulin (1921), introduction of diabetes pills (1950s), and invention of blood glucose monitoring equipment (1970), that gave people with diabetes accurate and reliable ways of caring for themselves outside a hospital or doctor's office.
Even with positive advances and the ability to take charge of your diabetes care, you will still need to know a lot about diabetes, and yourself, if you want to live a life without limits.
The foundation of good diabetes management continues to focus on food, fitness, medication (if needed) and blood glucose monitoring. For your convenience, OneTouch offer diabetes care information so you can improve your quality of life with diabetes.
- Diabetes Essentials - What is diabetes, who is at risk, insurance
- Blood Glucose Monitoring, Why Test? - The importance of monitoring; why, when and how to test your blood glucose.
- Managing Diabetes - Information to help you prevent and delay the impact of diabetes. Includes Food, Fitness, Medication, and Coping & Complications resources.
- Diabetes Stories - You're not alone. People with diabetes share their stories
- Diabetes News - Current diabetes news and research updated weekly
- Diabetes Resources - Free diabetes brochure downloads, plus diabetes Web sites