3/21/2008 6:29:00 PM
- The effect of high blood pressure on cardiovascular risk is greater in the morning than during the other periods of the day.(1)
- Morning hypertension is linked to silent hypertensive cerebrovascular disease and subsequent stroke risk.(2)
- Morning blood pressure rises remain untreated in 50 percent of patients who receive treatment for hypertension.(3)
- Morning hypertension has been shown to significantly increase the risk of stroke by as much as three times in elderly patients.(4)
(1) "Time for Focus on Morning Hypertension: Pitfall of Current Antihypertensive Medication," American Journal of Hypertension.
(2) "Clinical Implication of Morning Blood Pressure Surge in Hypertension," Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology
(3)"Morning hypertension is masked in well-controlled hypertensives: the JICHI morning hypertension research study (J-MORE) study," Poster presented at American Society of Hypertension, 2004 New York USA
(4)Kario K, Pickering TG, Umeda Y, et. al. Morning surge in blood pressure as a predictor of silent and clinical cerebrovascular disease in elderly hypertensives: a prospective study. Circulation. 2003, 107: 1401-1405
Morning Hypertension detection function: Many patients show their highest blood pressure values in the morning. The morning surge goes parallel with higher rates of stroke and heart attacks. Detecting Morning Hypertension allows preventive action against those risks!
The Omron 907 Blood Pressure Monitor is quiet, quick and easy to use and give you accurate and simplified measurement taking. The Omron 907 can be programmed for individual circumstances allowing for easier measurement taking.