Nutramigen 1 LGG is a hypoallergenic formula that has been specially designed to meet the daily nutritional needs of babies with a cow's milk allergy. It contains a unique combination of extensively hydrolysed (broken down) milk proteins and a friendly bacteria, LGG. Together, they help to improve the dietary management of a cow's milk allergy. Nutramigen is nutritionally complete, which means it can be used as the sole source of nutrition from birth to 6 months old.
Key features of Nutramigen 1 LGG
Wash hands thoroughly. Clean bottles, nipples, caps and utensils in water (at least 10 minutes at a rolling boil).
Boil fresh water. Cool down to room temperature. Do not use softened water. Pour desired amount of water into clean bottle
Add required number of level scoops of powder (see feeding guidelines on tin). Store dry scoop in the can.
Close bottle, roll and shake well until powder dissolves completely (approx.1 minute). Check temperature on inside of your wrist
Nutramigen LGG is specially made for babies with mild to moderate cow's milk allergy. Nutramigen LGG is a food for special medial purposes and should only be used under the supervision of a healthcare professional. Nutramigen LGG is not recommended for premature and immunocompromised infants unless directed and supervised by a healthcare professional. Breastfeeding is best for babies. The decision to discontinue breastfeeding may be difficult to reverse and the introduction of partial bottle feeding may reduce breast milk supply. The financial benefits of breastfeeding should be considered before bottle-feeding is initiated. Failure to follow preparation instructions carefully may be harmful to your baby's health. Parents should always be advised by an independent healthcare professional regarding infant feeding. Products of Mead Johnson must be under medical supervision. Once prepared, formula can spoil quickly. Feed immediately after preparation or cover and store in a refrigerator at 2-4°C for no longer than 24 hours. Do not freeze prepared formula and do not use if unrefrigerated for more than a total of 2 hours. Use formula that has been in contact with your baby's mouth within 1 hour and do not refrigerate. Throw away prepared formula left in bottle and clean utensils. Store can in a cool dry place. After opening can, keep tightly covered, store in a dry area and use contents within 1 month. Do not freeze powder and avoid excessive heat.
Glucose syrup, vegetable oils (palm olein, coconut, soya, high oleic sunflower), extensively hydrolysed casein (from milk), modified corn starch, calcium citrate, potassium phosphate, calcium phosphate, oil from Mortierella alpina, potassium chloride, magnesium phosphate, oil from the microalgae Schizochytrium sp., choline chloride, sodium chloride, L-cystine, inositol, ascorbic acid, l-tyrosine, L-tryptophan, taurine, ferrous sulphate, Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG®) bacteria culture (0.02%), L-carnitine, DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate, zinc sulphate, ascorbyl palmitate, nicotinamide, retinyl palmitate, calcium pantothenate, cupric sulphate, thiamin hydrochloride, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, manganese sulphate, sodium iodide, folic acid, sodium molybdate, phytomenadione, chromic chloride, sodium selenite, D-biotin, cholecalciferol, cyanocobalamin.
The views expressed are those of our customers. If you require advice on a condition or treatment, please contact your doctor or pharmacist. For any questions regarding the products, please contact us. Please note: due to advertising regulations, not all product reviews can be displayed. Please be advised that people respond to products differently and you should always read the label.
Its been a life saver!
This milk has been very good for my son whom is intolerant to other formulas. He was very irritable and fussy after feeds and had tummy cramps (lifting his knees up to his tummy and going red accompanied with loud crying). Reviews say Nutramigen smells bad but to be honest its not bad at all and my son had no problem with drinking it, so dont get put off by that. Its been a life saver!