Buy Selsun Shampoo at Chemist Direct
Selsun is a medicated shampoo used to treat dandruff and seborrhea dermatitis. It works against dandruff in two ways; by reducing the greasiness of the scalp and by slowing down the growth of the layer of skin cells on the scalp that cause dandruff.
Selsun contains the antifungal selenium sulphide which is used primarily to control scalp disorders. It kills the fungi that cause the inflammation, flaking and itching associated with such conditions. Selenium sulphide can also be used to treat Pityriasis Versicolor, a fungal infection of the skin.
About Selsun Medicated Shampoos
Selsun Shampoo is one of the most popular anti-dandruff treatments available and is widely used to help treat the condition and soothe the symptoms commonly associated with dandruff. Selsun shampoo contains the active ingredient selenium sulphide, it is used to treat dandruff and certain types of dermatitis.
Selenium sulphide specifically destroys a certain type of fungus called dermatophyte. It also causes a decrease in the production of cells in the top layer of skin, as well as the amount of natural oil (sebum) produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin.
The Selsun Medicated Shampoo range consists of:
- Selsun Shampoo 2.5% which is a medicated shampoo used to treat dandruff.
- Selsun Blue Dual Action Anti-Dandruff Shampoo which is medicated to soothe the itch.
- Selsun contains selenium sulphide and is specifically designed to fight dandruff, itching and flaking from the first wash.
- Selsun Blue Anti-Dandruff Replenishing Shampoo for normal to dry hair which is vitamin-enriched to moisturise both the hair and scalp and above all else, help clear dandruff and soothe the itch.
- Selsun Blue Anti-dandruff Shampoo Deep Cleansing which contains selenium sulphide and is specifically designed to fight dandruff and its associated itching and flaking from the first wash.