Algesal Local Analgesic Cream is developed with a direct pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effect to help relieve muscle and joint pains including, lumbago, fibrositis, sciatica, and bruises & sprains.
This cream can be used on adults or children over 6 years.
Algesal Local Analgesic Cream can be used on adults or children over 6 years.
- Apply a small amount to the affected area and massage until the cream is fully absorbed.
- Try the cream on a small area of skin before applying to the affected area.
- Always use sparingly.
- Avoid contact with eyes and sensitive areas of the skin.
- Apply 3 times a day to the affected area.
- Wash hands well after use.
Do not use Algesal Local Analgesic Cream if:
- The surface of the skin is broken
- A child is under 6 years old or has a history of convulsions (fits)
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients
- You are allergic to aspirin or medicines like aspirin.
Algesal should not be used in pregnancy or breastfeeding unless the doctor has specified.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking:
- Medicines used to prevent blood clotting such as warfarin, as the anti-clotting effects could be increased by using Algesal.
- Methotrexate, used to treat severe rheumatoid arthritis or certain cancers, as using Algesal could lead to toxic levels of methotrexate in the blood.
- Any other medicines, including those bought without a prescription
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are:
- Elderly, as using too much could cause agitation and confusion
- If your symptoms worsen or have not improved after 7 days of treatment
The active ingredient is: diethylamine salicylate 10% w/w.
The other ingredients are ethylene glycol stearate, glycerol monostearate, stearic acid, triethanolamine, petrolatum, light liquid paraffin, microcrystalline wax, lavandin composition, purified water.