Antiseptic Healing with Sudocrem
Nappy rash can be a cause of unhappy, crying babies, with as many as one in four babies suffering from the condition at one time or another.
Developed over 70 years ago, Sudocrem is the market leader in the nappy rash sector. Nappy rash can be a cause of unhappy, crying babies, with as many as one in four babies suffering from the condition at one time or another.
Sudocrem is made up in a base with water-repellent properties which form a protective barrier, therefore helping to stop any irritants (urine and stools) coming into contact with the skin. In addition, the emollient effect can help to soothe sore inflamed skin whilst leaving the skin feeling soft. Sudocrem can ease the pain and irritation of nappy rash, whilst other ingredients can help to heal the skin.
Sudocrem is now a highly recognised and trusted brand with new parents who want to prevent or treat nappy rash and it is also widely used for other skin conditions as well as care of the elderly. The ingredients of Sudocrem have changed very little over the intervening 70 years, signifying the successful development work completed by Thomas Smith all those years ago.
Although, like adults, babies have a natural protective layer to the skin, the ability to provide protection can be affected if the skin is allowed to become wet for long periods of time, making it vulnerable to irritation and soreness. As your baby’s bottom spends most of it’s time enclosed by a nappy, it’s not surprising that many babies suffer from nappy rash, despite your best efforts to protect them from this occurrence.
What is Sudocrem?
- Sudocrem is a market leading product for treating nappy rash. Clinically proven, it helps to soothe, heal and protect your baby’s delicate skin from further irritation.
- The emollient effect of Sudocrem can help to soothe sore inflamed skin whilst leaving the skin feeling soft.
- Sudocrem can also be used for other skin conditions that require a soothing, protective antiseptic cream with additional healing, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Sudocrem contains a number of ingredients and properties, such as:
- Hypoallergenic lanolin, to help provide emollient properties
- Zinc oxide is an astringent which reduces the loss of tissue fluid
- Benzyl benzoate and benzyl cinnamate are amongst the ingredients of Peru Balsam, recognised for its healing properties
- Benzyl alcohol is a weak local anesthetic which acts to ease localised pain and irritation.
- It also acts as a disinfectant/antibacterial agent and is responsible for protection against common bacterial contaminants.
- Cuts and grazes
- Minor Burn