Antiseptic Healing with Sudocrem from Chemist Direct
Newborns suffer from nappy rash at some stage…it is inevitable. Nappies as convenient as they are, keep baby’s bits in a warm, moist environment to some extent. With faeces or urine coming into contact with your baby’s skin being an almost certain possibility, it is no wonder moms have to consider which nappy cream to purchase to give the best results to their baby. Developed over 70 years ago, Sudocrem is the market leader in the nappy rash sector.
Sudocrem is made up in a base with water-repellent properties which form a protective barrier, therefore helping to stop any irritants (urine and stools) coming into contact with the skin. In addition, the emollient effect can help to soothe sore inflamed skin whilst leaving the skin feeling soft. Sudocrem can ease the pain and irritation of nappy rash, whilst other ingredients can help to heal the skin.
Although, like adults, babies have a natural protective layer to the skin, the ability to provide protection can be affected if the skin is allowed to become wet for long periods of time, making it vulnerable to irritation and soreness. As your baby’s bottom spends most of its time enclosed by a nappy, it’s not surprising that many babies suffer from nappy rash, despite your best efforts to protect them from this occurrence. Sudocrem's range also includes a hypoallergenic sun screen for kids and babies specially formulated for delicate young skin.
What is Sudocrem?
Sudocrem can also be used for other skin conditions that require a soothing, protective antiseptic cream with additional healing, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It contains a number of ingredients and properties, such as:
- Hypoallergenic lanolin, to help provide emollient properties
- Zinc oxide is an astringent which reduces the loss of tissue fluid
- Benzyl benzoate and benzyl cinnamate are amongst the ingredients of Peru Balsam, recognised for its healing properties
- Benzyl alcohol is a weak local anesthetic which acts to ease localised pain and irritation.
- It also acts as a disinfectant/antibacterial agent and is responsible for protection against common bacterial contaminants. Sudocrem can even be used for cuts and grazes, minor burns and sunburn.
Try Sudocrem to relieve baby’s nappy rash