- UK's Number 1 Online Pharmacy
- FREE Fast Delivery
- Express Delivery
- Confidential & Discreet
- Regulated & Approved Pharmacy
- Secure Shopping
- Run by UK Pharmacists
- Genuine UK Sourced Medication
- UK Based Call Centre
Welcome to our Help section
- What is Chemist Direct?
Chemist Direct is the UK’s largest online chemist offering savings on thousands of health and beauty products. We offer a well informed, unbiased opinion on a wide selection of the best products found in chemists and supermarkets. These range from medicines and health items to beauty products, toiletries, vitamins, skincare and fragrances, all within an environment that is secure, discreet and convenient. We continually aim to deliver the highest possible level of customer care, treating people as individuals and offering products choices in a language that our customers can understand and a price they can afford.
- Chemist Direct a legitimate chemist?
Yes, we are a UK registered chemist, overseen by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and members of the National Pharmacy Association. We operate from registered pharmacy premises and are owned and run by UK registered pharmacists. You can check our status by clicking on the following link:
- How can I trust Chemist Direct with my health?
Yes, Chemist Direct is run and overseen by pharmacists. All medicinal product orders are checked by our pharmacy team. We have implemented operating procedures to safeguard patient health. You can also speak to us or email us by contacting us anytime if you have any queries.
- Chemist Direct concept and commitment
Our concept is simple. Offer the highest quality health and beauty products at the lowest possible price. We ensure our prices are the lowest in the UK through a direct operating model. This means you can buy at low prices, but ensure you are receiving the highest quality and standards. We also offer a large array of exclusive health and beauty products, new product launches and ranges from around the world. Many brand owners work exclusively with us to promote their products to millions of UK customers.
- Who is behind Chemist Direct?
Chemist Direct is owned and run by UK registered pharmacists. To find out more about us click here
- What is an online chemist?
An online chemist provides a selection of the products and services found in your high street chemist or pharmacy but through the internet. The service lets the customer buy from the comfort of their own home or office and provides massive savings compared to the high street. An online chemist however does not replace the care of your local healthcare professionals and should be used alongside local services.
- How do I find my nearest Chemist Direct store?
We are an internet only pharmacy, ensuring our costs are kept to a minimum and our prices as low as possible
- Employment at Chemist Direct
Please visit our Employment Section for further information regarding opportunities at Chemist Direct
- How can you charge such low prices?
We operate a low cost operating model, dealing directly with the consumer. Therefore margins normally added onto products by middlemen and retailers to arrive at the high street price are avoided. Also being an internet pharmacy we have over 10,000 sq feet of storage space based at our central depot in Birmingham and are able to stock a wider range of goods than those available at your local chemist, driving prices down further through our purchasing power. The savings we make are passed directly to our customers.
- How do I place an order with Chemist Direct?
When placing an order with Chemist Direct you will find this a quick and easy process to go through. You will need to create an account with ourselves either before you begin the shopping process or when you decide to check out. Below you will find a step by step guide to ordering your products from our company:
1. Check/review all of the items which you have placed into your shopping cart to ensure that they are correct, and to also see if anything needs to be added.
2. If are you not already logged into your account, then enter your email address and password when asked to log in.
3. Check that all the billing and delivery address details are correct. If you would like your order sent to a different address this can be updated by clicking onto add new address.
4. You will be asked if you would like to set up an auto delivery on the order. You can select yes to keep this on, or No to have this removed.
5. Pay & Complete:
• If you are paying with Credit/Debit card you will need to enter all of the relevant details into the Card Details box, and then click onto complete purchase.
• If you are paying for your order using PayPal you will see a link on the right hand side at the bottom of the page which you will need to click onto.
• This will transfer you to the PayPal website where all details for the transaction can be filled in and submitted.
• When the transaction is complete you will be diverted back to our website.
6. Once the payment has gone through the order will be completed, and you will then receive your order confirmation email with your order details.
You can also visit the following link for more tips on shopping with Chemist Direct: http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/how_shop.php
- How do I remove an Auto Delivery?
If you have placed an auto delivery on an order, then this is simple to remove. All that you need to do is log into your Chemist Direct account, and on the left side of the page you will see a box labelled your account. Within the box you will see a tab which says “My orders” by clicking onto this you will see another link with auto delivery which can be clicked on and will take you to your auto delivery page. The items with the auto delivery activated on will be listed and you simply need to click on the remove button on each item.
- How do I pay with PayPal
At chemistdirect.co.uk we can confirm that PayPal payments are accepted.
In order to purchase your items using PayPal simply click onto the PayPal link on our “Pay and Complete” page. When making a purchase using this method of payment you will be connected and transferred to the PayPal website. Once the transaction is complete you will be returned to chemistdirect.co.uk to complete your purchase.
You will receive an email from PayPal to confirm the transaction, and you will also receive an order confirmation email from ourselves.
- Locate a specific item on the website
Locating items on our website is a simple process to go through. All that you need to do is enter the name of the item you are looking for into the search bar located at the top of our homepage and click ‘Search’. This will then provide you with the items matching your requests.
We do also have a number of categories available which are located underneath the search bar to view such as Prescription, Beauty and Fragrance. By hovering over these links, options will be available for you to view a range of different items from the selections.
- I can't seem to locate the item I am looking for?
If an item that you are searching for cannot be located on our website, then it may be the case that we do not supply that specific product. Our new service helps you find the health and beauty products you need. Whether you're looking for a particular brand of toothpaste or a fragrance you can’t find in the shops, we can help. Our buying team can seek the items you need from our extensive range of global supplier contacts. By visiting the following link you can fill in the details required and submit your request. http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/can't_find.php
- What are the expiry dates on the products sold?
Our aim to Chemist Direct is to provide our customers with the highest quality consumables. Stocking is checked and replenished on a weekly basis to ensure that our aims are met. The goods provided have expiry dates of between 6 months to 1 year to give the customer a suitable amount of time to use them.
- How can I check the status of my order?
By opening an account with Chemist Direct, all of your previous and existing orders will be logged and saved within the account so that the customer can check on progresses and what they are receiving from our company.
By signing into your account and clicking onto “My Orders” located in the “My Account” box this will provide you with the most recent updates on your orders. The following statuses will show on the order:
• Order Received – This confirms that your order has been accepted and received by Chemist Direct, and will be updated for processing shortly.
• Order Being Processed – Your order is now being updated in our systems, and forwarded onto our warehouse to be dispatched out within 24-48 hours.
• Order Cancelled – This would advise that your order has been cancelled. This may have been done through customer request or for an unforeseen circumstance. If you have any queries about a cancelled order then customer services can be contacted on 0845 259 0175 or at Contact Us.
• Order Dispatched / Track Parcel – Your order has now been sent from Chemist Direct and will arrive with you within the specified delivery timescales. An automated email will be sent to you with your tracking details. The tracking number can also be found through you account on “Order History”.
• Order Part Dispatched – A variety of items from your order have been sent out from Chemist Direct and will arrive with you within the specified timescales. You will be informed of the products to follow by email and an expected dispatch date of when these will be sent out.
- Will I receive a receipt for my order?
Once you have placed an order with Chemist Direct you will receive an email confirmation containing your order number, items ordered and the value. When you have received your parcel through the post the order will contain your order Invoice (Receipt) with the details which you require. If you do need to contact us with any queries then please keep your invoice and have this to hand when you call.
- Adding items to an already placed order
Unfortunately once an order has been placed with our company then we are unable to add any items to the existing order. We can less the quantity of an item, but if you do require another product the process which we do through is as follows:
• The customer will need to contact our customer service line on 0845 259 0175 quoting your order number and stating your query.
• Our customer service team will then fully cancel the order, and an email confirmation will then be sent to you to confirm.
• The customer can then go ahead with placing a new order either through our website, or whilst you are on the line to an advisor.
- How do I contact Customer Services?
Our customer service team can be reached at Contact Us where emails will be answered within 2 – 12 hours, and by telephone where you can call either of the following numbers:
• 0845 259 0175
• 0121 541 1800 if you are an International caller
We also have a Live Help link available on our website where an advisor will be able to assist you through an internet based chat.
- VAT Exemption and how/or can I claim it?
All of the items which you will find on our website do have the VAT (20%) included within the price. If you are for any reason exempt from paying VAT then this will either be deducted off the price at check out, or there is a section where you can click that “I am VAT exempt” and state the reason.
VAT Exemption does apply for people who are disabled or are Chronically Sick. This will be if you are the following:
1. If you have a physically or mental impairment which has a long term and substantial affect upon the ability to carry out everyday activities.
2. Who suffer with a condition that the medical practitioner (GP) will treat as a Chronic Sickness.
3. Who have a terminal illness.
In order for us to refund any VAT or for you to claim this back, then you will need to fill out a VAT exemption form, or if you already have a VAT exemption certificate then this will need to be shown to us, such as being scanned and sent in by Email.
If you do have any queries at all in regards to VAT exemption or claiming this back, then you can refer to H M Customs notice 701/7 or visit http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/reclaiming/partial-exemption.htm
- Which payment methods do you accept online?
- Payment can be made by Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Delta, Solo, JCB, American Express, UK Maestro/ EDC Maestro, International Maestro. You can pay for your order using our main payment pages, alternatively you can pay using PayPal accounts. If you are uneasy about entering your card details online you can contact us on 0845 259 0175 where our customer service team will be happy to take your order over the phone.
- Altering details in my online account
- At what stage is my credit card charged?
Your credit card will be charged at the point at which your order is processed.
- Can I still purchase an item that is out of stock?
Stock levels are indicated next to the product image on the shopping pages. If an item is out of stock you can still add it to your order, however it will only be dispatched once it is in stock. Please do not order an item displayed as out of stock if you require the item urgently. We aim to replenish our stocks daily, so in most cases if the item is out of stock, it will be back in stock very soon.
- Order acknowledgement via email
In order to set up your Chemist Direct customer account and purchase goods online, you will have provided us with your email address. You will receive an order acknowledgement via this email address when you order is received. You will also receive an email when your order is dispatched, this will allow you to track the parcel.
- How do I obtain a promotional code?
- Promotional codes are sent through email newsletters to customers on specified occasions at managerial discression or through selected 3rd party sites.
- How do I use a promotional code?
- In order to use your Chemist Direct promotional code, just add your item(s) to the shopping cart and click onto "Continue to check out". You will then see a small box underneath the grand total of the order which say's Do you have a promotional code? Enter Here. If your promotional code is valid then the discounted amount will be taken off your order, but if the code is invalid an error message will appear. Only one discount code can be used per order.
- What are your delivery options and Prices?
- Here at Chemist Direct we have a number of delivery prices and options available depending on the location as to where the goods will be delivered to. For current pricing and delivery options please click here
- Where does Chemist Direct deliver to?
Chemist Direct delivers internationally. There are certain countries which place restrictions on the types of products that may be delivered into them. We will inform you if there are any problems. For further information about our delivery options visit our Delivery information section.
- How can I check the status of my order?
Once we have received your order, Chemist Direct will email you with your order number. Please quote this order number in all correspondence. You can contact our customer services team at Contact Uswith regard to your query. You can also track your order by clicking here
- Can I return my the goods I have ordered?
Chemist Direct hopes that you will be delighted with your order. However, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied then please contact us at Contact Us , or by calling our customer service line on 0845 259 0175 within 7 days of receipt of your parcel, and our customer service team will be pleased to assist you by raising a returns on your order for the item(s) being returned. Please ensure that you have your order reference number ready when contacting us. Please see our delivery information or refer to our Terms and Conditions for further information
- How do I return my goods?
The procedure for returning goods to us is straightforward and is clearly explained in our Delivery information section.
- What if I want to cancel my order?
In addition to our returns policy under the distance selling regulations you have the legal right to cancel your order within seven working days from the date of receipt of the merchandise if you send us a notice of cancellation in writing and return the merchandise to us in their original, unopened and unused condition. You must contact us at Contact Us before returning an item to request an returns authorisation code. If the item is returned without an authorisation code we will be unable to offer a refund or exchange. You will also be liable for the cost of delivery back to your address. We are unable to offer this returns policy on items opened for reasons of hygiene. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Is it safe to give you my email address?
- Why do you want my details?
Chemist Direct asks for these details so that we can enhance your experience of using our site, ensure patient safety, provide you with the goods and services you request from us, enable us to fulfill your order and make sure it is delivered correctly and to contact you in case there is a problem with your order. If you have agreed, we will contact you to keep you up to date on our latest products, promotional offers and events.
- Credit card safety
- What if I have forgot my password?
If you cannot remember your password, simply click on the link Forgot your password? an email containing your decrypted password will be sent to the email address you originally provided when you registered.
- How do I change my password?
If we do wish to change any of your details at all which we have here at Chemist Direct, then this can be done through your online account. By logging into your account and clicking onto “Account Settings” your login details and Personal Information can be changed and updated. This is an easy process to go through and will only take you a few minutes to complete.
- Where do you accept Prescriptions from?
Here are Chemist Direct we do supply a number of different Prescription medication items for both Humans and Pets. With these items we do require for the original/ physical prescription to be sent into ourselves through the post before we can dispatch an order.
We do accept Human prescription from within the UK and EU. In regards to EU prescription you will need to ensure that they are fully written in English with all of the relevant requirements stated on it. When it comes to Pet Prescriptions we can only accept these from within the UK.
The address in which these Prescriptions can be sent into is:
Junction 2 Industrial Estate
- Are you legally able to dispense my prescription?
Yes, we are a UK regulated pharmacy, with physical premises in Birmingham. Our pharmacy services are fully compliant with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain’s protocols and NHS primary care trust requirements.
- Who is responsible for processing my prescription?
We have a team of highly trained professional pharmacists who dispense prescription orders. All our pharmacists are members of the National Pharmacy Association and are registered with the RPSGB. Our pharmacists have years of prior experience, working for Boots, Lloyds and many others. Overall the pharmacists have over 30 years of pharmacy experience in dispensing medication and providing patient care. We also have a team of pharmacy technicians who work alongside our pharmacists to prepare prescription requests.
- Can I speak to the pharmacist?
You can speak to the pharmacist in charge during office hours by calling 0845 259 0175 and selecting option 3. Our pharmacists are able to provide help and advice on a number of conditions in a confidential manner.
- Is it safe to buy medication online from you?
Yes, our service is fully legitimate and complies with UK laws and regulations. We understand that there are a number of illegal websites which operate from outside the UK selling counterfeit unsafe lifestyle drugs that have been featured in the media. We are not in the same category as these outfits and are lobbying hard to close them down. Our service is fully transparent and overseen by the same UK bodies that oversee all high street chemists. You can be assured that you are dealing with a professional organisation and that the medication you receive is original and safe.
- Am I exempt from paying for NHS prescriptions?
You can get free NHS prescriptions if at the time the prescription is dispensed you: • are 60 or over
• are under 16
• are 16-18 and in full-time education
• are pregnant, or have had a baby in the previous 12 months and have a valid exemption certificate, see below
• have a listed medical condition and have a valid exemption certificate,
• have a continuing physical disability which means you cannot go out without help from another person and have a valid exemption certificate
• hold a valid war pension exemption certificate and the prescription is for your accepted disablement
• are an NHS inpatient
You are also entitled to free prescriptions if you or your partner (including civil partners), receive either: • are 60 or over
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Pension Credit Guarantee Credit; or
• you are named on, or are entitled to (use your award notice as evidence), an NHS tax credit exemption certificate
• you are named on a valid HC2 certificate, see below.
- How do I get an HC2 certificate?
To apply for an HC2 certificate, you should complete form HC1 available from Jobcentre Plus offices or most NHS hospitals. Your doctor, dentist or optician may have one too. You can also get an HC1 by calling 0845 610 1112 . If you do not qualify for an HC2 certificate, you may still receive some help towards other NHS charges if you are sent an HC3 certificate.
- Prescription Prepayment Certificate (PPC)?
If you are not entitled to free prescriptions and you think you will have to pay for more than three items in three months or 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC). To check the cost of a PPC you can either ring 0845 850 0030 or look in leaflet HC12 (available at GP surgeries). You can choose to pay for a 12-month PPC in a lump sum or by 10 monthly Direct Debit installments. If you pay by Direct Debit, you are entering into a commitment to pay all the installments. There are different ways that you can order a PPC: • on-line
• by phoning 0845 850 0030
- How is my medication delivered to me?
Your medication is delivered using 1st Class registered post (or via courier if you select the courier option at checkout). The items will be discreetly wrapped with no indication of what is inside the package. Our name or logo is not shown on the package and so you can be rest assured that nobody will know what is inside your parcel.
- Can I have my medication delivered to my office?
Yes, you can have your items delivered to an address of your choice.
- What happens if I am not in?
We require a signature on delivery to ensure your order has arrived at the correct destination. If you are unavailable to sign for your delivery, the items will be returned to your local post office collection centre where you will be required to collect the item from. If you do not collect your items they will be returned to Chemist Direct who may charge for re-delivery.
- How do I buy using my voucher?
- Click the URL you've been sent with your voucher which will direct you to the product page. Purchase the product as you would do normally, adding the product into your basket, registering your shipping details. In the basket page there is a "promotional code" box. Put your code into the box and this will discount the correct amount from your order.
- Do I still have to complete a Pharmacy Questionnaire?
- If the product requires a Pharmacist to approve your order you will be asked to complete a questionnaire? Should you be declined you need to contact GroupOn or Wowcher to obtain a refund for your voucher.
- How do I return my order for a refund?
- Please see our returns information here. Once you have returned your order in a resalable condition you must contact GroupOn or Wowcher to obtain your refund.
- My code does not work
- 1. Groupon or Wowcher codes can often have characters that can be easily confused (such as o and 0, I and 1). Check you are entering your code correctly.
2. If you still have issues with the code please contact our customer services with your Voucher Code to hand and they will be able to assist you.
- My code has expired
- If your code has expired then it cannot be redeemed against the product. You should contact GroupON or Wowcher to request a refund or alternative deal. If you believe the code has expired incorrectly please contact our customer services department.