See other items in this offer
This offer is not valid outside UK.
Terms and conditions apply
Vosene Kids 3 in 1 Conditioning Shampoo Head Lice Repellent is formulated with natural head lice repellents, Tea Tree Oil and Lemon Eucalyptus, to help eliminate and protect against head lice. Leaves hair healthy & shiny.
Some background information about the dreaded head louse
The head louse (Latin: Pediculus humanus capitis) is a parasite inhabiting head hair, and feeding on human blood which it sucks from the scalp. It has 6 legs and is about 3mm long. It thrives at temperatures of 28 to 29°C, so it likes to stay close to the scalp, and often cannot be seen at a glance.
Head lice infestation has nothing to do with lack of hygiene, and anyone can get them.
Lice cannot fly or jump, they are normally transferred during direct contact from head to head which is why they are frequently spread in schools and nurseries, where children work or play with their heads close together.
The female head louse can lay up to 10 eggs (called nits) a day, and they glue them to the hair shaft close to the roots. The nits are less than 1mm in length, and almost opaque. The larvae come out after around 8 days and a new generation is born every three weeks.
How to recognise head lice infestation
The most obvious sign is a very itchy scalp, caused by the bites where the head lice suck blood. If you suspect lice infestation, you should look closely, and inspect the hair roots close to the scalp. A fine-toothed nit comb can be very helpful if you want to clarify whether there are lice or not. The comb helps you discover nits which often might be mistaken for dandruff: whitish, shimmering nits are empty shrouds from which lice have already come out, while brownish-grey nits are in their development phase.
Protect your children and yourself from head lice with Vosene Kids
The first thing you can do to help prevent catching head lice is to discuss the subject openly. Lice are nothing to be ashamed of! They can affect anyone, regardless of background or hygiene. And if everyone knows what’s going on, the risk is cut back by half.
If there is a head lice breakout in a school class, follow this advice:
· Treat the infested person straight away with Anti-Lice Agents to eliminate the lice. Ask a GP or pharmacist to recommend the best product
· Immediately inform everyone in direct contact (nursery, school, friends and family). Lice are nothing to be ashamed of! Talk about them!
· Avoid close body contact during the treatment to avoid the head lice transferring from head to head.
· Check everyone who’s had close contact with the infested person with a nit comb for nits and lice. If you find infestation, treat them too.
· Start using a preventative product on the family immediately, such as Vosene Kids. The 3 in 1 Conditioning shampoo and the 3 in 1 Leave in Spray Detangler both contain natural tea tree oil.
I have been using this shampo on my son since he started school when he was three. In the last five years there has been more then one out break of headlice and not once have we been let down. Also it`s a great every day shampoo leaving my sons hair shiny and soft.