Royal Canin Canine Renal
12 x 420g
Chronic kidney failure often causes a lack of interest in food. Because of this, Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Renal is highly palatable to tempt your pet to eat, ensuring he receives all the health benefits he is lacking from his condition.
You might also be interested in these products
£5.5 Savings £5.49£15.59 Savings £4.4£43.87 Savings £5.12£68.45 Savings £5.34
£61.38 Savings £11.61£38.41 Savings £21.58£45.19 Savings £14.8
Royal Canin Canine Renal - Diet is very important part of the support of pets with chronic kidney failure. There are several general measures which you can take to help your pet:
- Feed exactly as advised. Avoid feeding extra snacks
- Feed meals on a little and often basis
- Warm food to just below body temperature to tempt your pet
- Offer fresh food at each feeding
- Offer food from a small saucer or by hand
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Renal has numerous features including:
- Low Phosphorus - in chronic renal failure (CRF), the kidneys are no longer able to properly eliminate phosphorus. Limiting the dietary phosphorus intake is an essential part of nutritional support.
- Vascular Support - flavanols (a particular type of green tea polyphenol) have two major actions: they neutralise free radicals and help maintain renal perfusion.
- EPA/DHA - a higher intake of long chain omega 3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA) helps to maintain the glomerular filtration rate.
- Digestive Security - increased uraemia may induce the development of gastric and intestinal mucosal ulcers. The combination of zeolite with FOS helps protect the mucosae.
Veterinary diets are formulated for the nutritional support of specific clinical conditions and are recommended to be used under veterinary advice. For more information on feeding Renal to your dog, please consult your veterinary surgeon.