Neilmed Sinus rinse 120 premixed Sachets are for use with the NeilMed Sinus Rinse Nasal Irrigator.
Neilmed Sinus Rinse is a natural and soothing saline nasal wash. It helps to relieve various forms of nasal irritations, including nasal allergies and dryness, sinusitis, rhinitis, allergic asthma, post natal drip, sinus pressure and nasal stuffiness and nasal symptoms from colds and flu. Nasal irrigation is an excellent way to clean mucus from the nose, in order to enhance the effectiveness of medication.
Neilmed also cleans allergens, irritants, bacteria and viruses from the nose, which reduces the frequency of infection, while decreasing any swelling in the nose to improve air flow and breathing ability. SinuRinse Nasal Wash is excellent for all ages; it is available in isotonic, pediatric and hypertonic concentrations.
NeilMed Sinus Rinse Nasal Wash 50 Regular Sachets includes:
- 50 regular premixed Sachets of pH balanced sodium chloride & sodium bicarbonate mixture (USP grade, natural ingredients, isotonic, preservative & iodine free).
- Educational brochure.
- Instructions in English, Spanish or French.
Directions for the use of Neilmed Sinus Rinse:
- Please wash your hands. Fill the clean bottle with the designated volume of warm distilled water, filtered water or previously boiled water. You may warm the water in a microwave but we recommend that you warm it in increments of five seconds. This is to avoid excessive heating of the water and damage to the device or scalding your nasal passage.
- Cut the Sinus Rinse mixture packet at the corner and pour its contents into the bottle. Tighten the cap & tube on the bottle securely, place one finger over the tip of the cap and shake the bottle gently to dissolve the mixture.
- Standing in front of a sink, bend forward to your comfort level and tilt your head down. Keeping your mouth open without holding your breath, place cap snugly against your nasal passage and squeeze bottle gently until the solution starts draining from the opposite nasal passage or from your mouth. Keep squeezing the bottle gently until at least 1/4 to 1/2 (60 to 120 mL) of the bottle is used for a proper rinse. Do not swallow the solution.
- Blow your nose gently, without pinching your nose completely because this will apply pressure on the eardrums. If tolerable, sniff in any residual solution remaining in the nasal passage once or twice prior to blowing your nose as this may clean out the posterior nasopharyngeal area (the area at the back of your nasal passage). Some solution will reach the back of the throat, so please spit it out. To help improve drainage of any residual solution, blow your nose gently while tilting your head to the opposite side of the nasal passage that you just rinsed.
- Now repeat steps 3 & 4 for your other nasal passage.
- Air dry the Sinus Rinse bottle, cap, and tube on a clean paper towel, a glass plate or use NeilMed´s NasaDock® (sold separately) to store the bottle cap and tube. If there is any solution leftover, please discard it. We recommend you make a fresh solution each time you rinse. Rinse once or twice a day, OR as directed by your physician.
You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use
This is an ok product but for me it didn`t feel more beneficial than using a home made mix that I have been using on advice of ENT since a sinus op several years ago. Useful to have for if I`m going away as sachets are neat and easy to pack. For people with less severe sinus problems it may be a benefit
Very practical, and you are sure the dosage is correct, quick to use you just need a pair of scissors!