Hirudoid Cream provides soothing relief for bruising and superficial thrombophebitis.
Hirudoid Cream can be used to treat bruising and haematoma (blood clots) thanks to its soothing properties, as it works by improving the circulation after bruising or soft tissue injuries. It can also be used to relieve pain and inflammation associated with superficial thrombophlebitis (vein inflammation).
Directions for using Hirudoid Cream:
- This preparation is for external use only.
- The amount of cream/gel to be used will depend on the size of the area being treated.
- Gently massage about 5 to 15cm of cream/gel to the affected area. If the area is tender to touch, the cream/gel can be applied around the area, rather than directly on to the area. This can be repeated up to four times a day.
- Wash your hands after using the cream/gel.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose of this medicine, which will be stated in the product packaging or information leaflet supplied with the medicine.
- Seek medical advice if symptoms persist.
Caution before using Hirudoid Cream:
- Hirudoid cream contains methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218) and propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), which may also cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
- Hirudoid cream contains propylene glycol which may cause skin irritation.
Hirudoid Cream is not be used on:
- Children under five years old.
- Broken skin or open wounds.
- Large areas of skin.
- Sensitive skins areas such as near the mouth, eyes or in the genital areas.
- Known sensitivity or allergy to any ingredient.
- Lining of the body's cavities (mucous membranes)
- Sensitive skin
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use
When you order this item it is subject to review and approval by one of our pharmacists. Our pharmacists may remove an item from your order if they feel it isn't suitable for you, or in order to comply with UK legislation.
Hirudoid Cream contains:
Active ingredient Heparinoid 0.3% w/w in a white vanishing cream base. Also contains Anhydrous eucerine, E216, E218, emulsifying cetostearyl alcohol, glycerol, isopropyl alcohol, potassium hydroxide, stearic acid, thymol, purified water
For soft tissue injuries this is the best. A friend who plays as wicket keeper says it is the most important thing in his first aid kit.
Good product -