Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablet 30mg
To purchase this item, you must have a valid prescription.
You need to post your prescription to us before we can send it to you.
Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablet 30mg belongs to a group of medicines called bronchodilators, which open up the airways and prevent or relieve wheezing. The tablets are used in adults and children.
Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablet 30mgare indicated for the treatment or prevention of attacks of bronchospasm in asthma.
How does it work?
Ephedrine hydrochloride belongs to a group of medicines called bronchodilators, which open upthe airways and prevent or relieve wheezing. The tablets are used in adults and children.
What are Ephedrine Hydrochloride tablets for?
Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablets are used in adults and children to prevent or relieve wheezing with asthma.
Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablet 30mgis a private prescription item. To purchase this item you must have a private prescription from your doctor or medical profession. If you require any help or assistance with purchasing Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablet 30mg please contact our pharmacy team.
Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablet 30mg Please take Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablet 30mg as prescribed by your doctor or medical professional.
Taking this medicine - Drinking alcohol whilst taking these tablets may effect how they work. Care should be taken if you suffer from diabetes, glaucoma or if you have kidney problems. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product.
The usual starting dose for adults is 15-60mg three times daily. For the elderly the starting dose should be half the adult dose. For children 1-5 years old the usual dose is 15mg three times daily and for children 6-12 years old the dose is usually 30mg three times daily. The tablets are not recommended for children under 1 year of age.
Your doctor will decide the dose which is best for you. Always follow your doctor's instructions completely. Also follow any instructions or warnings which appear on the label which the pharmacist has put on the pack. If you do not understand, or are in any doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Unless instructed differently take the tablets with a glass of water.
You should take your medicine for as long as your doctor tells you to. If you forget to take a dose,
take another as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then do not take the missed dose at all. Never double the next dose to make up for the one missed. If you accidentally take too many Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablets you should contact your doctor, pharmacist or nearest hospital casualty department immediately. Take this leaflet and any tablets you have left to show the doctor or pharmacist.
Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablet 30mg -You should not take Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablets if:
- you have ever had a reaction to or been told that you are allergic to ephedrine or any of the other ingredients in the tablets. Check by reading the list of ingredients above
- you have coronary heart disease
- you have high blood pressure
- you have an overactive thyroid gland
- you are pregnant or breast feeding (unless your doctor considers it essential)
- you have an enlarged prostate gland
- you are being treated for depression with monoamine oxidase inhibitors or have only recently stopped taking them (within the last two weeks)
Taking another medicine while you are taking ephedrine can effect how it or the other medicine works. Make sure that your doctor knows what other medicines you are taking. Do not take any other medicines while you are taking Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablets unless you have told your doctor or pharmacist and asked their advice. This includes medicines you may have bought yourself.
Examples of medicines that can react ephedrine hydrochloride are:
- Some drugs used to treat depression: Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline and dosulepin, and monoamine oxidase inhibitors, such as phenelzine
- Beta-blockers and other drugs used to treat high blood pressure and heart disease such as propranolol and atenolol
- Dexamethasone, a steroid
- Anaesthetics such as halothane
- Methysergide and ergotamine, used to treat migraine.
- Some drugs used to treat heart failure, such as digoxin
- Oxytocin, used to induce labour and prevent bleeding
- Agents used to make the urine more alkaline (such as potassium citrate) or more acid (ascorbic acid)
If you have any doubts about whether you should take this medicine then talk to your doctor.
Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablet 30mg - The active ingredient is Ephedrine Hydrochloride. The other ingredients in Ephedrine Hydrochloride Tablets are:
- maize starch
- acacia spray-dried
- stearic acid
- magnesium stearate