Difflam Throat Spray contains the active ingredient Benzydamine. It is a fast acting and effective oral pain relief spray for the treatment of inflammation in the mouth and throat such as mouth ulcers, sore throat or gums. Difflam spray is sprayed directly into the mouth or throat to relieve pain and inflammation.
Difflam Throat Spray (Benzydamine) contains the active ingredient, Benzydamine, which acts locally to stop pain and inflammation. Its design ensures that the powerful active ingredient is delivered straight to the point of pain, for fast, targeted pain relief. It’s used to treat:
- Painful mouth or throat conditions, such as mouth ulcers, sore throat or gums
- Pain and inflammation following dental surgery
- Inflammation of the throat (pharyngitis) following surgical removal of the tonsils or the use of a tube passed through the nose into the stomach (naso-gastric tube).
How Benzydamine works
Benzydamine hydrochloride is a painkilling medicine used to relieve mild to moderate pain and inflammation in a particular area. It is most effective if applied directly to the area affected. Benzydamine also acts as a local anaesthetic, causing numbness and so pain relief at the site of application.
How to use Difflam Throat Spray (Benzydamine):
- Adults: Use 4-8 puffs every 2-3 hours.
- Children aged 6-12 years: Use 4 puffs every 2-3 hours.
- Children under the age of 6 years: Number of puffs to be taken is based on weight of child.
- Give one puff for each 4kg of body weight.
- Give every 2-3 hours.
- Do not take more than 4 puffs at any one time.
Caution before using Difflam Throat Spray (Benzydamine):
Avoid contact with eyes
You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use
When you order this item it is subject to review and approval by one of our pharmacists. Our pharmacists may remove an item from your order if they feel it isn't suitable for you, or in order to comply with UK legislation.
Difflam Throat Spray (Benzydamine) contains:
The active ingredient Benzydamine hydrochloride 262.5 micrograms