Taking good care of your skin is essential and thankfully, Vaseline makes it incredibly simple and easy to ensure you provide your skin with nothing but the best nourishment and care. All Vaseline products give your skin the best possible chance to stay hydrated and moisturised throughout the day so you can feel fresh and comfortable in your skin at all times! There are some other simple tips that you can follow daily to keep your skin feeling beautifully soft, smooth and hydrated while preventing it from drying out.
- Keeping hydrated may seem like an obvious point, but many people may find that their skin is particularly dry because they're simply not drinking enough water. We are recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, so stock up and you'll soon be seeing and feeling the benefits.
- Apply a good moisturiser just after your shower when the skin is still a little damp. This will help to provide the skin with intense moisture while sealing it in to prevent it from escaping. Try Vaseline's Total Moisture lotions and gels that will refresh and condition your skin.
- Try to avoid really hot showers. Hot water will only strip your skin of its natural moisture and oils, whereas warm water will open your pores and help to cleanse the skin. Also try to avoid vigorous towel drying as this will also steal even more of your skin's natural moisture.
- Your diet makes a huge difference to the condition of your skin so keep on top of a healthy and balanced diet to keep your skin healthy and glowing. Make sure you include fresh fruits and vegetables, oily fish and nuts and seeds to maintain a good vitamin intake, especially vitamins A, C and E that will keep your skin looking and feeling beautiful.
- Avoid using harsh products that you know will irritate your skin. This not only includes skin care products like moisturisers and lotions, but you also need to keep an eye on what you're washing your clothes with. If you have sensitive skin, you should be especially careful to use products that are made for sensitive skin, like deodorant for sensitive skin. Such products, like deodorant for sensitive skin, will be made with ingredients that are gentler on the skin and will not cause irritation.
- In the winter, wear gloves whenever you're outside in order to protect your hands from dry air and moisture loss and keep a hand cream handy at all times so you can apply 2-3 times per day.
- In the summer, always protect your exposed skin with a suitable SPF and continue using moisturiser daily as air conditioning is a top cause of drying skin out.
- Never skip your skin care routine, as skin can easily become dried out if it is left for just one day without any care. If you find yourself short for time, then Vaseline's Spray & Go will be your answer and it is quickly applied and absorbed for ultimate convenience. You no longer have an excuse to not have ultimately beautiful and healthy skin!