All types of pain, other than some types of deep internal pain, can be relieved with TENS. Most of the TENS units are suitable for any type of pain. The differences between them are the ease of use, and the number of choices of settings available.
Analogue units are controlled with rotary knobs. These can be sensitive, complicated, and difficult to set accurately, but have a continuous range of settings. Digital units have a more predictable push button control and can have a memory and preset programmes.
Preset programmes are much simpler to use and work for most people, but may limit the choices of settings. Everyone's nervous system is different, and some people get better results by adjusting the settings - and the sensations they cause - until they find the one that suits them best.
Ova is very small, with large electrodes, to give effective, invisible, relief from period pain.
MamaTENS has a special button to give a boost to output during each contraction. During childbirth, you do not want to be constantly adjusting the controls. Standard TENS units are NOT suitable for labour pain.
MamaTENS mytime also has a Contraction Timer, and Comfort Strength Control with 140 intensity steps
- itouch easy is for general pain, has a digital/constant current, is simple, very comfortable, powerful & effective and comes with preset programmes.
- itouch plus is for general pain, has a digital/constant current, is simple, very comfortable, powerful & effective and comes with preset programmes AND manual settings. Plus is an alarm clock!
- Touch is for general Pain, is digital, simple to use and has preset programmes.
- Target is for general pain, is digital, with analogue controls, has a traditional style, with digital accuracy and clear display and a very wide range of settings.
- Ova is designed for period pain, is digital, very simple to use and very small.
- Mama is designed for labour pain, is digital with special settings for labour and even has a boost button.
- MamaTENS mytime is designed for labour pain, is digital, has special settings for labour, a boost button and contraction timer.