Salatac Gel successfully treats warts, verrucas, corns and calluses. It contains two active ingredients; salicylic and lactic acid, which softens the affected area for an easy removal with a pumice stone. It also contains camphor, pyroxylin, ethanol and ethyl which also help to defeat the virus and reduce swelling, so you can get on with your day without any discomfort.
Before initial use, it will be necessary to pierce the membrane seal in the neck of the tube. To do this, you should find a suitable surface, in case of accidental spillage. Hold the tube upright, with the cap uppermost and the base resting on a suitable firm surface. Unscrew and remove the combined white nozzle/cap assembly from the tube. Remove the red collar and throw it away. Keep the tube upright for 30 seconds. Then, without squeezing or over-gripping the tube, and with it still held upright and well away from your face:
Replace the combined white nozzle/cap assembly onto the screw thread of the tube (taking care to avoid ‘cross-threading’) and tighten the assembly firmly to pierce the membrane;
briefly loosen the cap (to release any slight pressure in the tube) and then retighten.
(Please note that, once in place, a small gap will remain between the base of the nozzle/cap and the top of the tube.)
You should apply Salatac Gel to your wart, verruca, corn or callus, once every day, usually in the evening. Repeat the following daily treatment routine until your wart, verruca, corn or callus has disappeared.
1. Soak the affected area in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Dry the area thoroughly with your own towel (to avoid cross-infection).
3. Remove the cap, leaving the white nozzle attached to the tube. Carefully apply a thin coating (one or two drops) of the gel to the top of the wart, verruca, corn or callus, and allow it to dry for a few minutes to form a small white patch which sticks to the skin and is water-resistant. There is no need to cover it with a sticking plaster. Take care to avoid the gel spreading onto surrounding healthy skin, as this may cause inflammation. Do not apply excessively. Always replace the cap firmly after use. Do not fold the tube during use
4. Every evening for the next week, carefully peel or pick off the white patch of dried gel from the wart, verruca, corn or callus. Apply fresh gel by repeating steps 1 to 3. Occasionally, if removal of the white patch proves difficult, carefully re-apply the gel directly over it and allow to dry. This should help thicken the white patch to assist removal. If necessary, such re-application may be made on 2 or 3 successive days.
5. Once every week, before applying fresh gel, gently rub the wart, verruca, corn or callus with the emery board provided, or with a pumice stone. In the case of a wart or verruca, whatever you use, remember not to let anyone else use it, or they could get a wart or verruca as well.
6. The length of treatment will vary according to the resistance and size of the wart, verruca, corn or callus. Some may be resolved in a relatively short time but successful treatment of certain warts and verrucas can sometimes take up to 12 weeks, so you must continue and not give up until the wart, verruca, corn or callus has disappeared (unless irritation occurs).
7. At the end of treatment, if the white patch is difficult to remove, it may be allowed to remain on the skin until it sheds.
DO NOT use anywhere on or near your face, neck, armpits, breasts, bottom or genital (sex) regions.
DO NOT use on birthmarks, moles, warts with hairs growing from them, or any other spots. If in doubt as to whether you have a wart, verruca, corn or callus, consult your doctor before treatment.
DO NOT use if you are diabetic or suffer from poor blood circulation to your hands or feet.
DO NOT use if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients of Salatac Gel (as listed on the left).
DO NOT use on broken skin.
For your safety:
This gel is for application to the skin only. Keep it away from your eyes, nose and mouth, and from cuts and grazes.
Take care not to apply Salatac Gel to surrounding normal skin, especially in the case of children’s delicate skin. If accidental spreading occurs, immediately remove surplus gel with a tissue.
If the gel is accidentally swallowed, or if it gets into the eyes, contact a doctor or a hospital straight away.
Avoid inhaling the vapour from this product as it can be harmful.
Do not get Salatac Gel on your clothes, jewellery, fabrics or furniture as it may damage them.
Do not apply Salatac Gel in proximity to open flames or near burning cigarettes.
While Salatac Gel is working, you may feel a slight tingling sensation and/or some mild tenderness. In rare cases, this may appear as a temporary blemish on the skin. If you experience undue pain or irritation, stop the treatment and ask your doctor for advice. If you accidentally apply Salatac Gel to normal skin, wipe it off straight away with a tissue, and, if necessary, wash the area. There should be no other ill-effects when using Salatac Gel, but if you are in any doubt about your treatment you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Salatac Gel is very flammable. Do not store above 25°C. Keep well away from flames, and where children cannot see or reach it. Always keep the nozzle cap firmly closed when the gel is not being used. This product should not be used after the expiry date shown on the fold of the tube and on the unit carton.
The views expressed are those of our customers. If you require advice on a condition or treatment, please contact your doctor or pharmacist. For any questions regarding the products, please contact us. Please note: due to advertising regulations, not all product reviews can be displayed. Please be advised that people respond to products differently and you should always read the label.
Good product. Excellent service
Good product, easy to buy online and was delivered very quickly. Highly recommend seller
I received my order on time and in good condition. I would definitely use this service again!
A stubborn wart that I have had for five years, just wouldnt go. I tried everything you could imagine, I even tried cutting it off myself. It was a nightmare. I went to the doctors a few times who also tried everything, even anti-viral drugs... No good.Enter Salatac Gel He gave me some of this stuff and it is incredible, to the point where I cant believe it. Two days using this and following the instructions and it pretty much gone! Its as simple as that. Absolutely brilliant.
Got this on prescription from my doctor after having a big, very painful verruca on my foot for almost 5 years. Id tried many other products & methods of removal, including freezing, duct tape & well known name-brand gels, none of which worked. I have only been using this for two weeks & already the verruca has shrunk considerably & causes me much less discomfort! Although I get my prescriptions for free, I would have been more than happy to pay for this product, as it really does work. The best way to apply it that I have found is to soak the verruca in hot water for a few minutes, then use the emery board provided (which is a bonus) or a pumice stone to file away the dead skin (obviously dont let anyone else use these , dry your foot off & apply a corn plaster/tape to the surrounding skin (it does kill healthy skin too so beware) before applying the gel. Then just wait for it to dry before walking on it or putting on socks, shoes ect. Fantastic stuff & would definitely recommend!
I have been using this Salatac gel, for years for skin tags, warts and its been absolutly fantastic, wouldnt be without a tube