Get to know the best tips and tricks for your makeup right here with a little help from Rimmel makeup. Knowing the basics will enable you to achieve a perfected and flawless look every single day. Some of the most simple effects can sometimes be tricky to master, which is why we’ve put together a few simple steps that will help you perfect any look!
The perfect eyeliner flick:
- Start off with a natural eye shadow shade for your base lid colour and sweep across the lid and lightly across the bottom lash line. Add more to the eye contours and outer corner.
- Using Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner, sweep a line across the top lid as close to the lashes as possible.
- As you get to the outer corner of the eye, create a flick at an angle in the direction of the end of your brows (so if you kept going your brow and the liner would meet).
- Keep the flick subtle for daytime wear and add some thickness for a more dramatic nigh time look.
Bold lip colour:
- Pick a shade that suits your skin tone - Kate Moss’s Lasting Finish Lipstick collection has some great choices if you’re going for a bold lip colour.
- Use a brush or your finger to dab the colour onto your lips, starting in the centre and working out towards the outer corners.
- Line the lips with a liner that matches your lip colour to define the lips and make them stand out.
- For an ultimately glossy look, try Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 8 daring shades.
Blacker than black mascara:
- For an ultimate wide-eyed effect, curl your lashes from the roots for a few seconds.
- Using Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara in the Deepest Black shade, firstly ensure there is no excess mascara on the brush to achieve the zero-clump finish.
- Brush down on the lashes, rotating the brush at the end to curl lashes upwards.
- Then brush the lashes upwards using a zig-zag motion with the wand to ensure every lash is caught and coated with a dramatic black effect.
Perfect foundation finish:
- Firstly, use the Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer to create an excellent base for makeup on your skin.
- Choose from the 11 shades of Match Perfect Foundation that best suits your skin tone.
- Using either a brush, sponge or your fingers (depending on your skin type) work from the centre of your face and blend your foundation outwards.
- Use Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and sweep gently across the skin, paying attention to the forehead and nose.
- Finally, brush your powder across your cheeks for an ultimate flawless, natural matte finish.