You should not use Calcitriol capsules if you:
- are allergic to calcitriol or Vitamin D metabolites such as alfacalcidol and colecalciferol. or any ingredient in Calcitriol
- are pregnant or are breastfeeding, without discussion with your doctor
- a disease associated with high levels of calcium (hypercalcaemia)
- metastatic calcification (extra deposits of calcium)
- have high levels of Vitamin D
- are taking medicines that interact with Calcitriol, including any other Vitamin D containing medications, thiazide diuretics, digoxin for heart disease, medicines containing magnesium, like antacids for indigestion, the anticonvulsants phenytoin and phenobarbital, cholestyramine for high cholesterol, corticosteroids like hydrocortisone and prednisolone.