This medicine may not be suitable for everyone and some people must never take it. Check the leaflet that comes with your medicine to make sure that the medicine is suitable before taking it.
Always get advice from a healthcare professional before taking this Cacit D3 if:
- you are allergic or sensitive to or have had a reaction to any of the ingredients in the medicine
- you have or have a history of kidney stones
- you have kidney problems
- you have high levels of calcium in your blood or urine which could be caused by being immobile
- you have sarcoidosis
- you are taking calcium and vitamin D supplements
If you are taking more than one medicine they may interact with each other. Before taking this medicine consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines including vitamins, supplements and herbal or complementary preparations.
The following medicines may interact with this medicine:
- tetracyclines - you should take tetracyclines and this medicine at least three hours apart
- bisphosphonates or sodium fluoride - you should take bisphosphonates or sodium fluoride at least two hours before taking this medicine
- thiazide diuretics
- cardiac glycosides such as digoxin
- calcium and vitamin D preparations