Do not take Cacit Effervescent Tablets if you have:
- an allergy (hypersensitivity) to any of the ingredients in the product.
- an overactive parathyroid gland(hyperparathyroidism) or too much vitamin D in your body (hypervitaminosis D).
- a high concentration of calcium in your urine (hypercalciuria) or blood (hypercalcaemia).
- A high concentration of calcium in the blood may be caused by impaired kidney function, an overactive parathyroid gland, too much Vitamin D in your bodyor certain bone tumours.
Take special care with Cacit Effervescent Tablets. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you have:
- a tendency to form kidney stones or impaired kidney function - your treatment will need to be monitored carefully if your kidneys are not working properly to ensure you do not build up too much calcium in your blood.
- sarcoidosis (formation of nodules especially in the lymph nodes, lungs, bones and skin).