Priligy increases the time it takes to ejaculate and can improve the control over the ejaculation. This may reduce the frustration or worry about fast ejaculation.
|Priligy (dapoxetine) 30mg||3 tablets||£27.99|
|Priligy (dapoxetine) 30mg||6 tablets||£49.99|
|Priligy (dapoxetine) 30mg||9 tablets||£74.99|
|Priligy (dapoxetine) 30mg||9 tablets||£89.99|
|Priligy (dapoxetine) 60mg||3 tablets||£34.99|
|Priligy (dapoxetine) 60mg||6 tablets||£61.99|
|Priligy (dapoxetine) 60mg||9 tablets||£89.99|
|Priligy (dapoxetine) 60mg||12 tablets||£111.99|
Priligy Tablets 30mg is a prescription only drug treatment to effectively help those who suffer from Premature Ejaculation (PE).
The active ingredient is Dapoxetine. This drug is classified as a ?selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor', meaning that it helps interfere with the nerve pathways that serotonin uses to reach the brain.
This is important to note as ejaculation is first & foremost facilitated by the sympathetic nervous system. The sympathetic nervous system originates from the spinal cord, helps control the uptake of serotonin within our bodies, and is considered to activate the fight or flight response we experience in situations in which we are not ?comfortable' or worried in.
Dapoxetine effectively controls the ejaculatory reflex by hindering the uptake of serotonin, via the sympathetic nervous system, which in turn affects the neural pathways in such a way that it leads to delayed ejaculation.
What is Premature Ejaculation (PE)?
PE is considered to be when a man ejaculates without much sexual stimulation and much earlier than a man wants or even plans to. Such events can cause problems for the man especially in sexual relationships. Anxiety over the issue may exacerbate the situation.
Priligy is used to treat premature ejaculation, in men between 18 and 64 years old. This is because it help increase the time it takes to ejaculate and can help improve the control over the ejaculation. This may reduce the frustration or worry about fast ejaculation.
Things to consider before taking Priligy
There are many things to consider before taking this drug. Always read the Priligy patient information leaflet before use. If you are taking any other medicines, inform your doctor or pharmacist before use in case of any interactions. They may also affect the way Priligy works.
How to take Priligy
- The usual dose is 30mg. You should take Priligy 1-3 hours before sexual activity is anticipated otherwise it may not be as effective
- Do not take Priligy more than once every 24 hours or every day ? it's unnecessary and could be potentially dangerous to your health
- Make sure you swallow the tablets whole to avoid a bitter taste, with at least one full glass of water as this may help lower your chance of fainting and so is strongly advised
- It can be taken with or without food
- Priligy should not be used by either men under the age of 18 years or men aged 65 years or older. It is unsuitable and will therefore most likely be ineffective and could potentially be dangerous to your health
Discuss your Priligy treatment with your doctor after the first 4 weeks or after 6 doses to see whether you should continue treatment. If treatment is continued, you should see your doctor again to discuss this at least every six months.