In this section, you will find advice and information regarding a wide variety of subjects that may be playing on your mind before you travel. Are you sure you have the right insurance? Are you confused with the EHIC card? Scared of flying? All this, and much more, can add to your worries and your woes before you set off for your holiday, so we have put together some information pages to help you cope the best you can and keep on top of things, so you can simply look forward to your holiday…
Before you travel
About the trip itself
- Fear of flying. Some top tips and handy hints will help you keep your nerve.
- Deep vein thrombosis. Practical advice on how to reduce the risk of DVT
- Coping with delays. Handy hints on coping with air travel disruption and delays.
- Travel stress. How to minimise your stress levels so you are free to enjoy yourself.
- Coping with jet lag. Find the quickest and most effective ways to combat jet lag.
- Taking time to adjust. We help you manage that pesky time difference.
While you are away
- Preventing Accidents. There’s no fun in spending your holiday in hospital, so take precautions.
- Insect Bites. How to protect yourself form insect bites and attacks.
- Animal Contact. They may be cute, but they may also be carrying something untoward…
- Sun Safety. Shield your skin in the sun.
- Food and Drink. Things to remember when enjoying the local delicacies.
- Traveller's Diarrhoea. Preventing and dealing with this common travel illness.
- Sexual Health.Don’t get caught up in the moment! Always remember to take precautions.
Good general advice
- Backpacking. Important information for the independent traveller.
- Gap Year. Preparing for a blow out year travelling and sight seeing.
- Travelling with Children. Great tips for parents with young children.
- Family Holidays. Keep the whole family healthy and in tip top condition.
- The Mature Traveller. Pre-travel advice with useful UK contacts.
- Female Travellers. Some additional considerations for female travellers
- Male Travellers. Additional considerations specifically for male travellers
- Business Travel Health. A checklist of health matters to consider on your jaunt
- Medical Tourism. Advice when travelling overseas, seeking medical treatment.
- Pregnancy. Care for yourself and baby with our pregnancy travel care.
- The disabled traveller. Practical advice for travel with pre-existing disabilities.
- Diabetic travel. Advice and information on travelling with diabetes
- Asthma. Practical suggestions on how best to cope when travelling with asthma.
Other resources and information
- Giving Blood and Travel. Guidelines for UK blood donors