Nurofen for Children Cold & Flu Strawberry is an oral ibuprofen suspension for babies and children aged from 3 months to 9 years. It relieves symptoms of cold and flu, reduces temperatures and fever and can be used for the relief of mild to moderate pain of sore throats, minor aches, teething, headaches, sprains and toothache.
For oral and short-term use only. Shake the bottle well before use.
- Use the syringe inside to measure the dose accurately. Read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
- Not suitable for children under 3 months of age or weighing less than 5kg.
Fever caused by immunisation:
- Babies and children 3 months and over - Weighing more than 5kg: One 2.5ml dose if necessary give second 2.5ml dose 6hrs later
- Do not give more than 2 doses in a 24 hour period. If the fever is not reduced, consult your doctor.
Fever, pain and symptoms of cold and flu:
- 3 - 6 months - Weighing over 5kg: One 2.5ml dose 3 times a day. Do not use for more than 24 hours. If symptoms persist after 24 hours or worsen, consult your doctor.
- 6 - 12 months: One 2.5ml dose 3 or 4 times in 24 hrs
- 1 - 3 years: One 5ml dose 3 times in 24 hrs
- 4 - 6 years: One 7.5ml (5ml 2.5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hrs
- 7 - 9 years: One 10ml (5ml 5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hrs
Doses should be given every 6 - 8 hours. Leave at least 4 hours between doses. Do not take more than the recommended dose in 24 hours. For children above 6 months, if symptoms persist after 3 days or worsen, consult your doctor.
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE SIGHT AND REACH OF CHILDREN
WARNING: Do not take more medicine than the label tells you to.
DO NOT GIVE THIS PRODUCT IF YOUR CHILD:
- Is under 3 months old or weighs less than 5kg
- Has (or has had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- Is allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers
- Is taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg
- Has a fructose intolerance
SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST BEFORE GIVING THIS PRODUCT IF THE CHILD:
- Has or had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems or are dehydrated, or has chicken pox.
Each 5ml of Oral Suspension contains 100mg Ibuprofen
Also contains: Maltitol Liquid