Nurofen for Children Baby in Strawberry is an oral ibuprofen suspension for babies and children aged from 3 months to 12 years. It reduces temperature (including fever caused by immunisation), and can be used for the relief of mild to moderate pain such as: teething, toothache, sore throats, headache, minor aches and sprains, and the symptoms of cold and flu.
- For oral and short-term use only. Shake the bottle well before use.
- Use the syringe inside to measure the dose accurately (See leaflet for details).
- Not suitable for children under 3 months of age or weighing less than 5kg.
- Read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Fever caused by immunisation:
- Babies and children 3 months and over - Weighing more than 5kg: One 2.5ml dose if necessary give second 2.5ml dose 6hrs later
- Do not give more than 2 doses in a 24 hour period. If the fever is not reduced, consult your doctor.
Fever, pain and symptoms of cold and flu:
- 3 months - 6 months - Weighing over 5kg: One 2.5ml dose 3 times a day. Do not use for more than 24 hours. If symptoms persist after 24 hours, consult your doctor.
- 6 months - 12 months: One 2.5ml dose 3 or 4 times in 24 hrs
- 1 year - 4 years: One 5ml dose 3 times in 24 hrs
- 4 years - 7 years: One 7.5ml (5ml 2.5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hrs
- Over 7 years: One 10ml (5ml 5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hrs
Doses should be given every 6 - 8 hours. Leave at least 4 hours between doses. For children above 6 months, if symptoms persist after 3 days, consult your doctor.
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children. Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose
Do not give this product if your child:
- Is under 3 months old or weighs less than 5kg
- Has (or has had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- Is allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers
- Is taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg
- Has a fructose intolerance
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before giving this product if child:
- Has or had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems
If you are an Adult taking this product:
- Speak to a pharmacist or your doctor before taking if your are: pregnant, trying to get pregnant, elderly and a smoker
Each 5ml of oral suspension contains 100mg Ibuprofen
Also contains: Maltitol Liquid, Glycerol
See leaflet for further information