Experiencing arthritis can be a painful experience. Arthritis is associated with inflammation in your joints that results in stiffness, pain, decreased mobility, and range of movement. The painful condition can make your life difficult and hinder your daily activities. Although, there is no permanent cure for arthritis, you can try several natural arthritis treatments to take you on the road of recovery, and help you in achieving pain-free days.
Natural arthritis treatment for your joints
- Try to add more oily fish in your diet. As oily fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines, or mackerel are rich in highly-beneficial omega-3 acids, adding them in your diet can help you relieve your arthritis symptoms. If possible, try to eat oily fish at least once a week. If you are a vegetarian, you can opt for walnuts, canola oil, or flax seeds. Taking omega-3 supplements such as Bioconcepts Omega 3 Fish Oil may also help to replenish this essential nutrient in your body.
- Extra weight can put pressure on your joints, especially on your knees. Losing a few pounds can help you substantially to relieve your pain. It will reduce the stress, improve your mobility, and prevent future damage to your joints.
- Hot and cold therapy can significantly help arthritis pain. You can try long, hot water showers, especially in the morning when you experience excess stiffness. You can also try various cold and hot packs to relieve your painful joints. Nexcare Coldhot Therapy Gel might help you to ease your pain associated with arthritis. Alternatively, you can also use a bag of frozen peas, or vegetables to apply on your painful joints.
- Turmeric contains curcumin that is renowned for its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to reduce arthritis pain and bring relief to your inflamed joints. Adding a pinch of turmeric powder to your dishes can help in reducing your pain.
- Regular massage on your joints can help to noticeably relieve stiffness and improve your range of motion. You can try professional massage, or do simple massages at your home to notice a significant change in the mobility of your joints. Use of various essential oils such as eucalyptus, or wintergreen, may add to the benefits of your massage.
- Physical exercises can prove beneficial when you are experiencing arthritis pain. But take care to not over exert yourself and only opt for exercise approved by your doctor. You can try from mild to moderate exercises such as cycling, walking, or swimming on a regular basis to help your joints.
- If your feet or hands get stiff in the morning, you can try wearing snug-fitting, warm pair of gloves or socks when going to bed. It will keep your inflammation or swelling in check.
- Ginger possesses ability to increase your blood circulation and its anti-inflammatory properties relieve your stiff joints. Try to drink warm water with a half-spoon of powdered ginger mixed in it to reap in its benefits. You can also eat fresh slices of ginger to relieve your pain.
- Recent scientific research promises that supplements with a combination of Glucosamine and Chondroitin may prove effective, to relieve mild to moderate arthritis pain. Regular dosage might improve your pain and give increased flexibility to your joints. However, evident change in your condition can appear only after the prolonged use of such medicines.
It is important that you seek your doctor's advice before taking any supplement or following any arthritis treatment.