Arthritis is a joint disorder marked by inflammation in the joints of your body. The condition is frequently accompanied by joint pain, decrease in range of motion, joint stiffness, and swelling of your joints. There are over 100 types of arthritis conditions causing a wide range of symptoms in your body. The most common form of arthritis is ?rheumatoid arthritis' resulting from an overactive immune system and ?osteoarthritis symbolising wear and tear of cartilage.
There is no permanent cure for arthritis, however, there are a number of arthritis medications and natural treatments that can help reduce your inflammation and delay the progression of the disease. These treatments work differently depending upon the severity of your condition. The final goal of any medication is to lower the inflammation and give you more pain-free days. Regular blood tests and exams will help you reveal the effect of different treatments. Accordingly, you can change your course of treatment to select the optimum one that gives you maximum relief. Natural care and treatments will help you to handle your condition and ease your pain to carry on your routine activities without much difficulty.
Natural treatments and care for arthritis
Arthritis can be painful, but there are many home-care treatments that can make you feel better. Before trying any treatment, it is advisable that you seek your doctor's opinion to avoid any side-effects on your health.
- Professional massages can be a great way to ease your aching muscles and give an immediate relief; however, you can also try self-massages in the comfort of your home. It is a great way to provide instant relief to the targeted painful areas and with practice, you can effectively control your arthritis pain. You can make use of essential massage oils and gels to intensify the benefits of your massage.
- Using cold and heat treatment is one of the safe and inexpensive arthritis cures. You can use various hot and cold gels that are readily available to act as an effective pain reliever. Nexcare Coldhot Therapy Gel Pack may ease any muscle stiffness and bring you much-needed relief. Hot showers or using a bag of frozen peas on the pained area can be helpful.
- Moderate exercises are considered beneficial to improve flexibility and range of motion for the ailing joints. You can try walking, cycling, or taking yoga class to improve the health of your joints. Consult your doctor to advise you on the various exercises that can help your condition.
- Losing even a few pounds can go a long way in taking off the pressure from your joints. Excess weight only adds to the difficulties of the arthritis. Consult a nutritionist and devise a diet plan that helps to lose weight and also promote health of your joints.
- Omega-3 acids are renowned for supporting your joint health and granting you with extra mobility and flexibility. Oily fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines, and mackerel are the prime source of omega-3. If you do not like fish, you can also consume walnuts, canola oil, or flax seeds. You can also consider taking various supplements such Bioconcepts Omega 3 Fish Oil as they may help you to replenish your omega-3 levels.
- You can use natural spices such as ginger powder or turmeric powder in your daily diet to help you bring relief to your inflamed joints. As both these spices possess anti-inflammatory properties, they may help to reduce your arthritis pain.
Trying these arthritis cures may make your days less painful and help you in achieving your long-term goal of reducing inflammation in your joints.