What is Collagen?
Our skin, the outer covering of the body, is the largest organ of the protective systems in our body. The skin is composed of multiple layers of ectodermal tissue that protect the underlying muscles, bones, ligaments, and internal organs. The outermost layer of the skin, the Epidermis, acts as the skin's barrier and protects the body from environmental and external dangers. The second layer of skin, the Dermis, contains collagen, elastin fibres and fibroblasts (the cells that synthesize collagen and elastin). Collagen and elastin found in the Dermis are what form the structure of the skin and make it tight and plump.
Collagen is the most abundant protein found in the human body that is needed for the structure and density of the skin. Collagen proteins used in Gold Collagen products are derived from fish and contain high amounts of amino acids and peptides that are directly involved in the formation of collagen and elastin.
How does a lack of Collagen affect the skin?
Over 75% of young skin is made of collagen, but with age the ability to replenish collagen naturally decreases. The skin gradually loses the ability to regenerate naturally and starts to produce less collagen in our mid-30s. By 35 to 55 years of age, the level of collagen drops to 40% and results in the loss of firmness and the formation of wrinkles. As the density of collagen and elastin in the Dermis starts to decline, the structure and elasticity of the skin begins to degrade and causes the skin to become thinner and more rigid. The decrease of collagen also results in the loss of hyaluronic acid which reduces the moisture, suppleness, and elasticity of the skin. Diminished elasticity reduces the skin's ability to retain shape, and the skin no longer conforms as closely to the contours of the face. From this stage the skin appears loose and sags. Lines and furrows also emerge to enable movement as gravity.
Gold Collagen for youthful, beautiful skin
While most anti-ageing skincare products rely on application on the surface of the skin, Gold Collagen replenishes the skin's collagen from the inside out. Treating ageing skin on the surface is not always so effective, but counteracting the ageing process where it begins, in the deep layers of the skin, is much more effective. The active ingredients used in Gold Collagen products reach the dermis from the inside and re-activate collagen formation. Active ingredients used in Gold Collagen reach the dermis, the second layer of skin, from the inside where in re-activates the formation of collagen and gives you younger looking skin. Gold Collagen products contain a unique blend of the highest quality of hydrolysed collagen, borage oil, N-Acetilglucosamine, hyaluronic acid, and vitamins formulated for maximum absorption and bioavailability.
(Allergenic Indications: This product contains soy derivatives and hydrolysed collagen derived from fish. It contains no porcine, bovine, or other animal sources. It contains no sugars, no artificial preservatives, and no artificial colours. )
Gold Collagen Contains:
- Hydrolysed Collagen - Hydrolysed Collagen stimulates the proliferation of fibroblasts and the production of collagen in the dermis. Hydrolysed Collagen contains smaller peptides (0.8 to 3kDa) and free amino acids which are easily digested and absorbed into the small intestine before being distributed through the blood vessels to the skin's dermis.
- Hyaluronic Acid - Hyaluronic Acid is essential for tissue hydration, lubrication, and the production of collagen in the dermis.
- Borage Oil - Borage Oil is rich in gamma lenolenic acids (GLAs) with omega-6 essential fatty acids to improve skin hydration.
- N-acetylglucosamine -- N-acetylglucosamine is an essential component for the production of hyaluronic acid.
- Vitamin C - Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation and the normal function of cartilage and skin.
- Vitamin E - Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cell constituents from oxidative damage.
- Vitamin B6 -Vitamin B6 contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism. It also contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Zinc - Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal skin, hair, and nails.
- Copper - Copper contributes to normal skin and hair pigmentation and the maintenance of normal connective tissues.
- Biotin - Biotin contributes to the maintenance of normal skin and hair.