When you first notice a flea your pet needs to be treated as quickly as possible. Fleas don’t take long to lay hundreds of eggs and can have your home invaded in no time. With Frontline, you can make sure that your pet and your house is protected as it kills the flea cycle to ensure no eggs, larvae, pupae or adults are left behind. To try and avoid infestations and re-infestations there are a few simple things you can do around the house.
Other than regular flea and tick treatment with Frontline Spot On or Frontline Plus, there are other preventative steps you can take to help keep your home and your pet protected from re-infestations:
- Regularly wash your pet’s bedding cover in hot water and dry in high heat to help kill eggs and larvae.
- Keeping your garden grass short will also help by making your garden less appealing to fleas and ticks.
- Vacuuming frequently throughout your home is incredibly helpful for preventing re-infestations and it will help to get rid of eggs and larvae. Focus especially on carpets and rugs where your pet often rests.
- Keep rubbish bins covered and concealed away from the house to keep away wildlife that may be carrying ticks and fleas.
- If possible, try to designate a single sleeping area for your pet that can be easily cleaned. Because fleas love any places where your pet sleeps, this will try to limit where they are hiding.